Photo

Ever meet someone famous?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#131 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

A friend of mine is friends with Bam Margera and that whole crew so I've spent some time over Bam's house for parties and little get togethers. He's pretty cocky and not very interesting though.

Other than that, I met Taylor Momson (Jenny from Gossip Girl/Little girl from the grinch) at a concert, Marilyn Manson, and a bunch of horror movies stars you probably haven't heard of (The cast of the Saw movies, the original Chain Saw Massacre, Clock Work Orange, Freddy Krueger, and others) I'm a dorky horror movie fan.
    Danielle & John
    Aventura Spa Palace
    October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#132 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ddiinnyyeell
      A friend of mine is friends with Bam Margera and that whole crew so I've spent some time over Bam's house for parties and little get togethers. He's pretty cocky and not very interesting though.

Other than that, I met Taylor Momson (Jenny from Gossip Girl/Little girl from the grinch) at a concert, Marilyn Manson, and a bunch of horror movies stars you probably haven't heard of (The cast of the Saw movies, the original Chain Saw Massacre, Clock Work Orange, Freddy Krueger, and others) I'm a dorky horror movie fan.
      Bam is very cocky and he doesn't shut up!!!!! I used to date a pro skater and used to spend a lot of time w/ them on tour. The first couple days we laugh and have fun but then he just keeps talking, you start getting really annoyed then ignoring him!

#133 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
      • 226 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

Yeah that's exactly like him. I used to live like 5 minutes from his house, so even if he annoyed me it was just convenient to hang out there.
        Danielle & John
        Aventura Spa Palace
        October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#134 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

I hope I didn't come off as bashing him. he is a nice guy and definitely fun.... unless he is targeting you HA.

#135 hammerb44

hammerb44
          • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

My fiance has meet a lot of famous people. He used to work at a hotel where a lot of people would stay if they were in town for a concert or whatever. His favorite was Bill Cosby. I guess he was really funny, joking around with the employees and everything!

#136 foolishfire

foolishfire
            • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

I met Joey McIntyre (NKOTB) briefly once. :)

#137 Jenamie

Jenamie
              • 392 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:38 AM

I've met Robin Willams,Click the image to open in full size.
                Bret MichelsClick the image to open in full size.,
                Kid Rock (though I talked to him for 20 mins I had no idea who he was until the next day when someone told me), The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders,
                Aaron Tippion (country singer) Click the image to open in full size.

I work the military air port so when I was in Iraq I met everyone who came threw :)

#138 islandbride317

islandbride317
                • 1,866 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:49 AM

Can everyone puh-leeze go back about, geez, 20 years ago (Good Lord, I can't believe it was THAT long!)and think of the song "Ice, Ice, Baby"....do do do dododowoo!

YUP! I met the total has-been VANILLA ICE at a club in my hometown 2 years ago on my birthday! He was trying to be all cool upon his exit from singing and dancing on the bar at a place called the "Hardware Bar" (a Coyote Ugly-esque joint) in ever-lovely York, PA! I was totally tipsy, screaming, "It's my BIRTHDAY!!!" when he was trying to exit, flanked by bodyguards, and he came over to me and kissed me on the cheek and said that he needed to buy me a shot! Yes, we had a shot, of the ever-hardcore Jagermeister, purchased for me by the one and only VANILLA ICE!

The famous people I've met that I am PROUD OF are the following:
                  Christopher Reeve and Bob Woodward (he was one of The Washington Post journalists that broke The Watergate Scandal) while I was a journalism student at the main campus of Penn State University.

Christopher Reeve was already paralized when I met him at a "Meet and Greet" after he spoke before thousands of students at PSU, and he was so incredibidly gracious and down-to-earth. He even said that he wished people would stop with all the Superman references, and realize that he was a real man, and that he was never going to get out of his wheelchair. I was afforded the opportunity to hug him and tell him how much I appreciated his acting. He said he was refreshed and truly glad that I didn't "go into some speech about how great I thought he was" because he was paralized. Since his passing, he will be missed.

And, Bob Woodward was a fountain of brilliance! I felt almost overwhelmed to be in the presence of someone who BROKE ONE OF THE BIGGEST STORIES/SCANDALS in U.S. GOVERNMENT HISTORY! He was supurbly kind, and open to all questions from the students like me that he said he was "thankful" that there were so many students interested in journalism in this day and age!

Sooo glad I met the "famous" people I did, and waiting to encounter more!

#139 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                  • Vendor
                  • 2,782 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

Jackie Chan, Governator,Steven Seagal

#140 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
                    • 247 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

Russell Crowe, when he was shooting a movie here in DC at Bens Chili bowl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users