Photo

When did you cut you cake...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Christi

Christi
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

thanks everyone...your input has helped!

#12 aeroo

aeroo
    • 153 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

This is a good thread because I was thinking about the same thing. I am thinking though, of doing the cake cutting right after the ceremony, before we take group pictures. That way, it will be like a mini cocktail hour with cake and champagne. I'm still undecided on this though.

#13 antonia321

antonia321
      • 122 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

we did this --

Dinner, then during dinner speeches/toasts, dances, then cake cutting with explosions/fireworks after. Then we gave a little speech thanking everyone for coming and after the music started and the dance floor was opened up for the party.

Worked out very well.

#14 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
        • 433 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

We cut ours at our private reception following dinner. The reception started at 9:45 pm (was supposed to start at 9:00 pm) and we cut the cake at about 10 or 10:15 pm.

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

I'm hoping they will just serve the cake with our dinner. I don't care to cut it. It's a wedding tradition I've never really cared about. I never get up during a wedding to watch. Maybe because I've never liked cake. If it wasn't free with our package I wouldn't have one. There is an ice cream place at our hotel. I wouldn't mind slicing into a banana split after taking pictures on the beach. I timed our wedding so the ceremony would end when the ice cream place opened so guests can go there while they are waiting for us to finish with pictures.

I do not think there is an order of events. It seams to be different at each wedding I go to, but I think some time at the end of dinner makes sense. But, you could do it right after the ceremony if you think guests would want a snack.

I think anything goes. Just plan the timing so it doesn't interupt the flow.

#16 Christi

Christi
            • 1,905 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by antonia321
              we did this --

Dinner, then during dinner speeches/toasts, dances, then cake cutting with explosions/fireworks after. Then we gave a little speech thanking everyone for coming and after the music started and the dance floor was opened up for the party.

Worked out very well.
              I really like the idea of fireworks...was it expensive?

#17 antonia321

antonia321
              • 122 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:45 AM

it was $250 for 4 explosions to go off when we cut the cake. it was a fun surprise! I didn't tell my husband so he was totally surprised, too. I think they are called "cold explosions" or something like that. Our DJ provided them for us. you can take a look at my wedding slideshow for a picture.

del Sol Photography Wedding Photojournalism

you can skip ahead to photo #185 and #186 for the cake cutting and explosions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users