Photo

Small wedding, I mean really small

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 crawford2B

crawford2B
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

We only had 7 people and 3 of them were kids. We liked it because we didn't have to worry about keeping everyone happy and could focus on us.

#12 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
    • 1,266 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

We are only having 3 guest so far. At first I was bummed about it but now that I have been on BDW and apart of the forum my eyes are open to some of the positives about tiny weddings. I started my actual planning in January. Everything has been booked, my OOT bags are done and my bathing suits and beach wear is ready to be packed. I keep looking for stuff to do but Ive pretty much done everything and stuff that I bought with credit card is paid off.
      I really dont have to plan for a welcome party or "reception" with a large group. So we just show up and hang out.
      I didnt skimp out on cheap OOT bags. I paid 20-30 usd for each bag monogramed and a bunch of nice stuff in it. In February I sent out a newsletter and a Fijian Language booklet. I also will be sending out travel bags a few weeks before the wedding so that the guest will be comfortable during the long flight to Fiji.

#13 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
      • 1,266 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jenn
        We had 12 guests confirmed prior to leaving (and a surprise 4 once we got to Jamaica). I think it definitely made things easier and gave us the ability to splurge in a few places. We also wanted something REALLY intimate, so we found a small all-inclusive where we essentially had the entire resort to ourselves.
        BTW I love your wedding!!!! I think having a resort all to yourself is very nice. When I look at your pictures it doesnt feel like you missed any of the special moments. In fact it looks as if you really got to live them.

#14 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
        • 668 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:15 PM

I think that a small amount is very special- I am hoping that we only get a few ourselves also! It will be memorable for sure!

#15 Librarychick

Librarychick
          • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

Thank you everyone for your quick responses. I completely agree with everyone, a smaller wedding will be more intimate and special.

#16 melody

melody
            • 236 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:20 PM

It's just the 2 of US, can't be smaller but I am finding out, not necessarily cheaper but I agree there are a lot of complimentary weddings in the AI resorts.

#17 Jenn

Jenn
              • 1,557 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:52 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BarefootBride
                BTW I love your wedding!!!! I think having a resort all to yourself is very nice. When I look at your pictures it doesnt feel like you missed any of the special moments. In fact it looks as if you really got to live them.
                Thanks for your comment :) We really had a fantastic time, and got to really enjoy our entire time with our guests!

#18 Mel

Mel
                • 141 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:05 AM

We are having 15, including us, and that is strictly immediate family, like mom and dad and sibs. We have also found it is not much cheaper to do a small wedding, but we did splurge on some stuff life a DJ and a cake. At times I get down b/c I'm not going to get to share my day with a bunch of people (I think it is more of a selfish show off haha look at my wedding attitude though) and there are a few that just can't come b/c they can't travel that far like my grandparents. But we are having an AHR, so they can watch the videos and see the pics.

#19 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

We had 6 guests, and because we had a small wedding it allowed us to do little things that made it special, IE individual cakes for each person and we allowed our guests to order whatever they wanted from the dinner menu

#20 Karen

Karen
                    • 1,308 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

I think you will find that a lot of things like coordinating excursions and travel arrangements will be easier. It was just the two of us and we had a blast.
                      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users