Photo

I'm no longer making my own invitations

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:23 AM

I'm sad to say that after already purchasing the paper from the print shop, sinamy ribbon, and other supplies, my mom and I are no longer going to be making my wedding invitations! We initially were planning on making 30-40 invitations, sending them to people who were attending or were still not sure. But one thing let to another and my FI wanted to invite more people and send invitations to some family members even though they had already told us they were not going. So, the number of invitations rose to almost 80. 1, we didn't purchase enough supplies for that amount and 2, with my work schedule and finals coming up it was going to be difficult for my mom and I to get together and work on creating them. We made one invitation as a sample which I have attached below. It's funny, I wasn't too fond of it when we made it and now that I'm not making them I'm sad about not having those invitations

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm going to place an order for invitations from Designs by Lenila. I haven't heard anyone else on this forum speak about this site, so I hope they come out well!

#2 Myda77

Myda77
    • 821 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:34 AM

I like your invitations! They are soo cute. You did a great job. Are you sure you couldn't get them done? What a shame! Well maybe you can incorporate some of the design in a menu card or Day of timeline.
      Maida & Tomas
      Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#3 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mrs. Martin
        I'm sad to say that after already purchasing the paper from the print shop, sinamy ribbon, and other supplies, my mom and I are no longer going to be making my wedding invitations! We initially were planning on making 30-40 invitations, sending them to people who were attending or were still not sure. But one thing let to another and my FI wanted to invite more people and send invitations to some family members even though they had already told us they were not going. So, the number of invitations rose to almost 80. 1, we didn't purchase enough supplies for that amount and 2, with my work schedule and finals coming up it was going to be difficult for my mom and I to get together and work on creating them. We made one invitation as a sample which I have attached below. It's funny, I wasn't too fond of it when we made it and now that I'm not making them I'm sad about not having those invitations
        I like your invitations! They are soo cute. You did a great job. Are you sure you couldn't get them done? What a shame! Well maybe you can incorporate some of the design in a menu card or Day of timeline.

#4 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

I think they are cute too. I agree, can you incorporate them into a menu or maybe welcome letter?
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#5 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

Those invites are so cute. Make sure you take some with you to your wedding. You should definitely have your photographer get some good shots of them. They are worthy of going in your scrapbook (if you have one)!!!
            http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

aw what a bummer you arent going to make these anymore, theyre really pretty. i agree with nikki, take it with you to mexico anyway so your photog can get a good shot

or.... what about still making them but then for the extra ones you have to send out, just order some from the white aisle or somewhere online inexpensively?

#7 Bride010101

Bride010101
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

bummer! those look really cute. but your right... would probably take a lot of time!

do you have a pic of the ones you are ordering are they simialr at all?

#8 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
              • 514 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'm thinking I will probably use some of the paper and ribbon for my "welcome letters." And yes, I will take the sample invitation with me for some pictures!!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BeckyN
                bummer! those look really cute. but your right... would probably take a lot of time!

do you have a pic of the ones you are ordering are they simialr at all?
                No, the new invitations don't look like the ones my mom and I made. They still go with the whole beach/starfish theme and they were in my budget.
                Below is a pic of the invitations I'm ordering, except the hand-torn mulberry paper will be tan and there will be a raffia ribbon instead of the one shown. Also, the print will be in sepia instead of the color shown to coordinate with my wedding colors.

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

wow actually i LOVE the new invites!!!

#10 Bride010101

Bride010101
                • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Wow! Those are beautiful! Its still a bummer you werent able to do what you planned... but these are great and your guests will be impressed. : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users