#1 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

Jessica are you and all your family okay...hopefully no damage with all the earthquakes.

My inlaws house was quite a mess as they live off Robb drive so pretty close to the main epicenter, but my dad said that in Sparks they were just startled and woken up, but no damage done...

I hope you are okay, check in with us.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#2 JessicaM

JessicaM
  • Vendor
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

Hi Christine...

Thanks for checking up on me. Yeah last night was FREAKY...think they reclassified the quake to 4.7! We live up in the northwest too by McQueen High and it was nuts. Mirrors fell off the walls and a few pictures broke and stuff but other than that its okay. There was a couple more this morning but not as big.

I am getting really sick of them though...there was 130 the other day (mostly small ones) but still...its very nerve racking! Hopefully that was the "big" one and it will stop but the news seems to think there will be a bigger one!

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

Yikes, that does sound very unsettling... hang in there!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

Glad to know you're okay. I hated earthquakes when I was in LA. Seattle had some, too, when I was little (before Mt. St. Helens erupted). You have my sympathies. And good thoughts and such!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

I thought I remembered you saying you lived in northwest Reno, I am so glad you are okay. I can't believe how many of them there were, we talked to all our parents today and when they said there were five strong ones in a row I knew it was pretty serious. Hopefully you have taken down anything breakable for now until this settles down.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 JessicaM

JessicaM
      • Vendor
      • 1,969 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

Thanks ladies....yes I took everything down for now because we have felt a few small ones still today. Guess I will just have to have nothing on the walls for a while which is fine! Hopefully tonight nothing happens....I havent slept in a couple of nights becuase the bigger ones seem to hit in the middle of the night and then I am totally freaked out!!

#7 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

Wow that is so freaky!! Glad you are okay though :)

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Glad to hear you are ok! My thoughts & prayers are with all affected by the earthquakes!!

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

We are headed to Reno the end of June and my family was freaking about going down there when the earthquakes were happening. They talked about cancelling the trip and I think that's a little silly, but that's just me.

So glad everyone is OK. We had a few big earthquakes when I was in jr. high. Two 6.0 and 5.4. It was crazy and a little exciting to me. The aftershocks did get old though. Our town had some damage too- a few schools were closed down from major damage.
              Happily married since 2008

#10 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                We are headed to Reno the end of June and my family was freaking about going down there when the earthquakes were happening. They talked about cancelling the trip and I think that's a little silly, but that's just me.

So glad everyone is OK. We had a few big earthquakes when I was in jr. high. Two 6.0 and 5.4. It was crazy and a little exciting to me. The aftershocks did get old though. Our town had some damage too- a few schools were closed down from major damage.
                oh man these stupid things better be over with by June or I am going to be nuts!! THere was another one this morning...4.2...nothing terrible but its very nerve wracking because you never know if the next one is going to be huge or not. You guys should be fine by then.....dont let it stop you from coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users