Photo

My Aunt is getting put on Hospice (UPDATED)...

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:27 PM

Alyssa, I'm so so sorry to hear about your Aunt, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Whatever I can do, please let me know.

#22 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:40 PM

alyssa, i'm so sorry to hear/read this...your family is in my thoughts....

#23 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

Alyssa I am sorry to hear about your Aunt. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

#24 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:26 AM

Alyssa, I am so sorry to hear this!

This is a horrible situation and one that is not easy to deal with.

All I can say is that Hospice is so wonderful!!! Both of my grandmother's were on hospice care and one of my grandmother's had a brain tumor and cancer that had spread and when they did surgery she to turned into like a year old and then lost her battle. But hospice was so loving and supportive...they should help to ease your pain!

My thoughts are with you!

#25 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:07 AM

You will get through it but it is hard. When my mum died, she was only 52, meg was my saving grace - everytime I was heartbroken she licked my face and it made me feel better

It sounds corney but the best support you will get is from mabel - i hope she passes quickly xx

#26 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
            • 1,209 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

Alyssa, I am so sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through at this time.
              My grandmother passed away in October and was put under hospice about a week before she passed away. They were wonderful - we had a worker with us to help and provide support, I flew down to be at my mom's side. The great thing was that my grandmother was able to be in her own home and as comfortable as possible.

It was sudden for her too and very shocking for us, but it's comforting in a way that it was so quick.
              I hope that your aunt has the best care possible and that you are all able to be with her.

All the best,
              Andrea

#27 MarieSam

MarieSam
              • VIP Member
              • 2,336 posts
                • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:57 AM

So sorry to hear about your aunt and what she and your family are going through. =( Sending lots of prayers and thoughts your way*

#28 shellb

shellb
                • 533 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:01 AM

I am so sorry to hear this, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

#29 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

Oh, Alyssa, I am so sorry for your family and your aunt. My thoughts are with you.

#30 Leia78

Leia78
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,459 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

My prayers are with you Alyssa, and your family. Your Aunt is so young to have to go thru this. But at least she'll soon be in a better place and will no longer be suffering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users