Polaroid Guest Book---Camera Warning

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JessicaM

JessicaM
  • Vendor
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

I have wanted to do a polaroid guestbook for our AHR in July and have put off buying the camera itself! Ooops..yeah I knew they were stopping making them but I had no idea that they would be so hard to come by already.

Anyway I just found one but I thought I would warn those of your who are thinking about doing this to go buy one soon! Amazon had the latest one on sale for $150 or something but I found one in stock at a local Wal-Mart for $40. The film seems easy enough to buy though which is nice!!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

the film is going to stop being made as well, i read somewhere recently that it was hard to find depending on where youre located.

#3 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
    • 136 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

luckily a friend of mine had the camera so i was able to borrow that. as for the film, i found it on ebay. i paid $40 for four packs of ten. make sure you know the expiration dates before you buy!

#4 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
      • 716 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

I too found this out when looking for an instant camera for my photo guestbook. I bought the camera on Ebay for $37. The film is now running pretty expensive on Ebay. I found a seller who was willing to sell me 3 packs of film for $80. Needless to say, I declined!

Staples is selling the film 4 packs (40 pics) for $47 or so. Good luck in your search!

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

after your wedding you can post it to sell on amazon & maybe even make a profit.

#6 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
          • 358 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:31 AM

I ordered all my supplies to do the photo guest book today. Wish I had done it earlier in the year, but that what I get for procrastinating. At least I got it- and all the suppplies!!

I recommend buying now if you want to do this! I'll be happy to sell my camera after the wedding (assuming it is still in working condition- I don't want to sell something broken)....
            -Rachel

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

Ohh I wanted to do this I will have to go shopping for one now!
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#8 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
              • 136 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:26 AM

I know these are still available but I thought of an alternative that might work for some and wanted to post.

Many of the digital cameras have seperate docking stations that you can print out photos instantly. I know we use them at my work and the pictures actually come out really clear. Digital cameras are getting sooo cheap now that this may be a less expensive option if you shop around. Just a thought.

#9 Kat81

Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:35 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jamminworld
                  I know these are still available but I thought of an alternative that might work for some and wanted to post.

Many of the digital cameras have seperate docking stations that you can print out photos instantly. I know we use them at my work and the pictures actually come out really clear. Digital cameras are getting sooo cheap now that this may be a less expensive option if you shop around. Just a thought.
                  That is a really good idea

#10 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

We are using a digital camera and I will just print them when I get home. All they will do is sign our guest book. Before we leave I will attach the little picture corner thingies in the book so they know where not to sign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users