Our photographer went MIA

We had a meeting with the photographer that we decided to go with and told him that we were certain that he was the one that we wanted to go with but we would email him/ phone him once we got the dates set for the departures.

Well, I have been attempting to get ahold of him now for about two weeks and he won't return any of my calls nor will he answer any of my emails- and I want to book him, not decline him.

What do I do? I know that our wedding is 9 months away, but because of stupid Transat, we have had to bump our wedding date up by a week, making it right over Valentine's Day, we are finding it very difficult to find a photog to take with us.

We are working on a budget here- my fiance didn't even want a photog so he has only given me $2500.00 to work with- which would have covered the cost of our original photographer for a week in the hotel; we are getting married at the Barcelo Colonial, Mayan Riviera.

Any suggestions?

~~

I totally agree! There is no reason someone can not return a phone call and/or email. This is happening for a reason. Sorry to say but I would look elsewhere also! Instead of taking someone with you can you use someone who is already there so get rid of that travel expense part?

I'm so sorry... that has got to be so frustrating! But I agree... I would take it as a sign. Even if he got back to you now - I would be concerned he would go MIA afterwards.

Hoping you find a better alternative! Would they need to stay the full week... does your contract his a minimum night stay to be counted as a guest? That might save some money.

heather, you could still use a photographer based there and pay for the hotel stay to get around that BS policy. you would at least still save a lot based on the fact that you wouldnt have to pay airfare for a local photog even if youre paying for the hotel stay.

• VIP Member

Wow, that really stinks! The good news is that I think you'll be able to find a photographer. I paid right around that for my photographer and I'm thrilled with my photos. Just start contacting some people and see if they are willing to travel that time of the year. I'm sure you'll find someone in no time!

Heather, I agreee that you have a lot of time to get another photogrpaher that is responsive. Any vendor that is MIA at this point is a HUGE red flag. There is a great list of DW vendors on this site.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t2177

I am sure that you can find a great photographer to work with your budget!!! Good luck!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics