12 replies to this topic

#11 JessicaM

JessicaM
  • Vendor
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maura
    my parents have been divorced since 1992, but my mom still cant be civil with my dad/stepmom. i asked my aunt who is throwing my one shower if i could invite my s-mom because im close with her and my aunt actually flat out said no! she said i think if you want your s-mom involved, you should have another shower haha

she's right though! my mom is a total nightmare.
    Yeah my FMIL is the same way....which worries me!!

#12 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

i think you should honestly have your FI call his mom and ask her to please keep her shit together at your shower. you could even send her an email and say something like "listen, i know its going to be weird seeing X there, but i would really appreciate if maybe you could just ignore each other to avoid any conflict."

#13 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maura
      i think you should honestly have your FI call his mom and ask her to please keep her shit together at your shower. you could even send her an email and say something like "listen, i know its going to be weird seeing X there, but i would really appreciate if maybe you could just ignore each other to avoid any conflict."
      oh yeah I already told him he would be doing that the night before to just at least make me feel better! My friends were joking that they were going to have "We are Family" playing softly in the background to help them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users