• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pyrenese331
    We are taking our honeymoon in January. We thought about just staying another week after everyone left, but this way it breaks up the winter a little more. Not sure where we are going yet. We are looking into the Turks and Caicos.
    Turks & Caicos is beautiful, you won't be dissapointed!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wisco4
    We are talking about taking ours in Alaska. Does anyone know how cold it is there in October? Or the daylight situation at that time?
    I really want to go to alaska!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mora
    We are planning to have ours in Rome , Venice and the Almafi Coast for a week and then take a cruise around the greek islands....

That sounds wonderful, FI has been to Italy & Greece, but he's all for going back again, I hope we can go within the next couple of years (hopefully a lot sooner!)

#62 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
    • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

Please girls I am trying to start to think about our honeymoon and would love some input.. after reading through this short thread it seems most people are staying at their resort for their honeymoon... What are you doing? And which resort are you staying at? I need suggestions! We are planning on choosing a different country but we just don't know where!!!!

#63 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
      • 186 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

We are getting married on a Friday and are staying at the resort until Monday and then going to another resort in the same area for 5 days as our honeymoon.

We are getting married at the Gran Bahia and then going to Dreams Tulum for the honeymoon portion.

#64 WeddingMay

WeddingMay
        • 208 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

We are honeymooning in Negril but are changing to a different resort after the wedding! Do not disturb!!!!!

Married! May 13 2012!

#65 FutureMrsF

FutureMrsF
          • 151 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

So far the plan is to stay in the same area but switch hotels (probably in the same chain) to something that's adults only.

#66 lovelygirl60

lovelygirl60
            • Banned
            • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

We had the honeymoon in Bali.

#67 bride81

bride81
              • 216 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

i am having such a hard time deciding!!  We got engaged in Kauai, getting married in Tulum.....but unsure of if we should  A. take 2 weeks off, get married and chill and the resort for 2 weeks.  B. Take 1 week to get married and then move to another resort/or Belize for another week or C. take a honeymoon in winter 6 months later.  

I just want to have our own time without friends and family!!  

#68 principessa

principessa
                • 219 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

We're going to stay for an extra week, but switch over to the adults only section for the 2nd week :)

#69 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
                  • 458 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

We are getting married on a Saturday at El Dorado Royal in Riviera Maya, then unfortunately my then husband has to come back for work, so we are leaving the day after our wedding. We are taking our honeymoon a month later at Iberostar in Jamaica! At first I was little upset that we couldnt go straight into our honeymoon, but I think it is working out for the better. It will be nice to split up 2 great vacations, Im sure my boss will appreciate that I wont be gone for 2 straight weeks, I will have time to chop off my hair that I have been growing out for the wedding, and my fiance will be working 6 hours away from home, so we wont get to see each other much in between our wedding and honeymoon. My TA also recommended that we stay within the same area as our wedding location so we can avoid being stuck in the airport the first day of our honeymoon. We knew we wanted to go somewhere else for our honeymoon, so we were just going to settle with another location in Mexico, but now we get to go somewhere new!

#70 bride81

bride81
                    • 216 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

great suggestion, I would like to travel somewhere else for our honeymoon.  Thanks for your input !

Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

We are getting married on a Saturday at El Dorado Royal in Riviera Maya, then unfortunately my then husband has to come back for work, so we are leaving the day after our wedding. We are taking our honeymoon a month later at Iberostar in Jamaica! At first I was little upset that we couldnt go straight into our honeymoon, but I think it is working out for the better. It will be nice to split up 2 great vacations, Im sure my boss will appreciate that I wont be gone for 2 straight weeks, I will have time to chop off my hair that I have been growing out for the wedding, and my fiance will be working 6 hours away from home, so we wont get to see each other much in between our wedding and honeymoon. My TA also recommended that we stay within the same area as our wedding location so we can avoid being stuck in the airport the first day of our honeymoon. We knew we wanted to go somewhere else for our honeymoon, so we were just going to settle with another location in Mexico, but now we get to go somewhere new!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users