Sign in to follow this  
Saraha

UGHHH Venting AGAIN!

there really ought to be marriage laws preventing people under 21 from getting married. whoever thought 18 yr olds are old enough to make life decisions like marriage is nuts. young people just dont have mature enough minds to understand wtf theyre really getting into. sarah, i am so heartbroken for you right now. as much as i recently dont get along with my little sister, shes still my sister, and if she did this i would be so heartbroken. once your sister gets up to alaska and is all alone, shes most definitely not going to stick it out for very long before running home crying to mommy and daddy, and probably you and your other sister about how she hates it.

Thanks guys! I think in shock still. I wouldnt say I am mad, more disappointed and sad if that makes sense. I thought we were close enough to where she could come to me and I would support her (most of the time) or at least help her go in the right direction. But guess not. She is still very immature and young. The guys she married I have met two times, he is also 18. I just hopes she learns from this and doesnt completely screw up her life. I know she will turn around I just hope it isnt too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
there really ought to be marriage laws preventing people under 21 from getting married. whoever thought 18 yr olds are old enough to make life decisions like marriage is nuts. young people just dont have mature enough minds to understand wtf theyre really getting into. sarah, i am so heartbroken for you right now. as much as i recently dont get along with my little sister, shes still my sister, and if she did this i would be so heartbroken. once your sister gets up to alaska and is all alone, shes most definitely not going to stick it out for very long before running home crying to mommy and daddy, and probably you and your other sister about how she hates it.

Thanks Maura your so sweet!!! Big hug back at you!
Everything will work out fine... the weird thing was I spoke with my dad on Monday to wish him a happy birthday and he didnt say anything about him getting married. I asked him how Shelby was doing and he said he is losing sleep over her right now and didnt want to even go there... well now I know why. My poor dad, probably thinks its his fault in some way knowing him.

Wow, what a shocker! She probably didn't tell you cause she didn't want to hear you tell her she is being stupid. So sorry you are going through this.

OMG Sarah! I don't know what to say! I would be shocked, furious, depressed, etc. if I were in this situation. BIg hugs and BDw love to you! Ans this week of all weeks! I think you need to raid the candy bar (or liquor cabinet)!

I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. I think the fact that she had a couple friends and his family there show that she knew your family would not be supportive of the marriage. When you said that she got married after having a fight with her Mom, that sounds like it was acting out against your family and like she thinks it was a way to show she could do what she wants. That is too bad that she took such a life altering step to prove something to others, especially when that just shows that she doesn't always think things through completely or think of the consequences. I am sorry to hear about this, and I hope at some point and somehow, things get better.

I was married before, I got married when I was 19 and he was also in the service. I have told my now Dh many many times that if we have a child and that child wants to get married at 19 I would lock them in a closet until they are 21. IMO a 19 year old doesn't even know who they really are at that age, yeah you couldn't have told me that then, but after two years of being married I wasn't happy, I think I was more in love with the idea of moving to CA then I was with the idea of being married to my ex. We were married for about 7 years and of that seperated for 1.5 years. I grew up ALOT during the time we were seperated and I "found myself" at that time as well.

Sometimes as much as we hate what is going on around us we need to be supportive, offer advise when needed and just hope that it all works out in the end.