Sign in to follow this  
FYB87

What did you think of the movie Atonement?

First off let me start off saying that it was not my idea to watch this movie as I am like war, horror, and action flicks. While the future hubby is into the movies that most women like (he was the one to suggest we watch The Notebook)! Which is funny in itself! Anyway, I had seen the previews and figured I would give it a try since he kept talking about. After watching it I feel as if I should have stuck to my guns. The previews were the best part and I thought it was one of the worse movies I have seen. I don't usually put movies down so much. But, honestly I asked at least three times if we could stop watching it.

Just wondering what others thought of this particular movie?

Oh no! I haven't seen it, but I wanted to! I nearly read the book on our honeymoon but chose "the other boleyn girl" instead. I hear that was a crappy movie too.

Anyways, that's sad. I wish it were a good one. sad.gif

I have to say I loved atonement so much that h2b got me it to shut me up!!lol

I am a big mcavoy fan though...and I also like kiera as an actress, so I was always gonna love it! But I did think it was a lovely romantic story!! With an ending I didn't expect!!

xxx

It definately progressed into a watch once and never again movie for me.

The overall "love story" in the film didnt mesh for me! At the end, I had to ask SIL if I missed the part when they fell in love lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsugar View Post
It definately progressed into a watch once and never again movie for me.

The overall "love story" in the film didnt mesh for me! At the end, I had to ask SIL if I missed the part when they fell in love lol.
Exactly!!! The previews was the movie! imho