Sign in to follow this  
becks

DJ: Mannia Cancun - Add info, please

For those of you who have hired Mannia Cancun directly through Dreams Cancun.... Do you know if you were charged at 15% service charge in addition to the 10% tax? I swore that the service charge only applied to food and drinks. When I initially wanted to hire their hotel DJ at $240.00 per hour, I was only being charged the 10% tax and no service fee. I am just wondering if I am getting incorrect information from my WC.

No idea about Dreams Cancun.

However, I met with Carlos over the weekend and he is the NICEST guy you could ever want to meet.

And he's great with extrapolating on your ideas. We were talking about our cocktail hour and mentioned Sinatra-esqe music and he rattled off 25 other artists without batting an eye. It was great.

So, we actually signed him up to do the whole kit and caboodle from the pre-ceremony cocktails right on thru to the last dance.

Becks, thanks for putting my mind at ease. I've been emailing them and have gotten fast responses with all the answers to my questions. So now that I know he is a great, reliable guy, I will definitely sign him!!

FYI...I read he is also an expert on lighting so I'm asking him to create special lighting for our dancefloor. He's gunna try to use our monogram and have it shine on the dancefloor. So excited!!

Perfect post for my search for a DJ- thanks everyone! Did he help lead the ceremony (announce first dance, or the wedding party names, etc.) or just play music? I am ideally hoping to find someone who can help lead/announce the traditional items during the reception....thanks!

I posted a review in my entire wedding day review but I really wanted to say that Carlos and Mannia Audio were INCREDIBLE!!! The illuminated dance floor on the beach at Dreams Cancun was awesome. He played every song we asked him to. Our guests our still talking about him. Carlos was great to work with and made our wedding day memorable!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
I posted a review in my entire wedding day review but I really wanted to say that Carlos and Mannia Audio were INCREDIBLE!!! The illuminated dance floor on the beach at Dreams Cancun was awesome. He played every song we asked him to. Our guests our still talking about him. Carlos was great to work with and made our wedding day memorable!!!
Yay! So happy to hear! We have him booked for our wedding in about two weeks! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
We just got back from our wedding and all of our friends are still talking about DJ Mannia (Carlos), too! BEST DJ EVER!! We danced all night long and everything was perfect! Seriously - several people said during the night "This DJ is GREAT!" and the next morning at breakfast, our friends even declared ours the BEST DANCING WEDDING EVER!!

Carlos was so professional, always on time, his song transitions are seamless, he followed our song requests perfectly, and he really knows how to keep a party going! He is fantastic!!! I highly recommend him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simistar View Post
Yay! So happy to hear! We have him booked for our wedding in about two weeks! :-)
Excellent! Congrats and have a great time!! He is a fantastic DJ! I'm still raving about him. Really - everyone danced all night! Have a great wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmany23 View Post
Perfect post for my search for a DJ- thanks everyone! Did he help lead the ceremony (announce first dance, or the wedding party names, etc.) or just play music? I am ideally hoping to find someone who can help lead/announce the traditional items during the reception....thanks!
CCarmany - He did a great job announcing us for our entrance and for the father/daughter mother/son dances! But those were the only announcements we made. I didn't do the bouquet or garter toss...

But I think he could do all of that for you! Really - he's great! Very accommodating!