Photo

Jamaica resorts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SPRINGBRIDE

SPRINGBRIDE
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

We've pretty much decided on Jamaica for our honeymoon, but that's about it. I have to book it SOON!!!!!

I was looking at Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away. Has anyone been to either?

I've also heard good things about Sandals. Anyone have any suggestions?

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:58 PM

sandals grande ocho rios is really nice it seems like...I think that's where we are going for the honeymoon.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:19 AM

The Rockhouse Hotel - a small, secluded hotel in Negril, Jamaica

I wanted to have our wedding here when I was considering Jamaica. It's in Negril. No beach (it's on the cliffs) but it looks fab and its SO cheap.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:05 AM

We're doing our honeymoon at Riu Ocho Rios but I've never stayed there before. I got a few personal recommendations from friends, plus it is a newer resort so we went with it.

Sandals gets some mixed reviews but I've only heard good things about the Couples resorts so I don't think you can go wrong with that. Gotta love Jamaica no matter where you end up!

#5 Jennifer

Jennifer
        • 218 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

I went to Couples Ocho Rios for our wedding/honeymoon. We loved it there! We want to go back to the same resort again someday. I bet those other two resorts would be just as nice. Any questions about the resort just PM me. Or check out their message board on their website. It was very helpful to me and I got to know what all goes on. That is one reason why I chose Couples.

#6 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
          • 466 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

We've been to the Riu Ochos Rios when it opened up last year. I liked it because it was brand new and really clean, all marble, etc. The rooms were really nice as well. The Riu was next to the sandals which looked old.... I've never stayed at a sandals before because I've heard some of them are nice and others are not plus, I don't really like staying at an older hotel.

One warning -- DO NOT drink the beer in Jamacia (Red Stripe is okay). But there's some sort of other Jamacian brand beer (brown label i think) that my FI drank and got really sick.... i mean like 4 IV's in his arm sick. He drank the beer and like a half an hour later he felt ill so we suspect it was because the beer was unpasturized.

Oh that reminds me another good thing about the RIU is that they have a doctor on staff 24/7.

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:24 AM

Thanks Adamsgrrl!!!! That makes me feel even better about our honeymoon decision. And we will stick to the Red Stripe for sure :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users