Photo

Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 BayBug

BayBug
  • 852 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

Are sand ceremonies only for Mexico? I have never heard of this.
    Angie

#82 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
    • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:52 PM

You can do a sand ceremony anywhere! I think a lot of people probably do them at beach weddings because of the location instead of using a unity candle when it will most likely get blown out!

#83 OneLove

OneLove
      • 86 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

Although a few dollars more, here is another option for Nautilus Shells; They also have a variety of sizes:

Pearl Nautilus Seashells, Sea Shells, Sea Shell, Seashell

~andrea

#84 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:21 PM

If anyone else is planning to incorporate a child in their sand ceremony and would like some smaller, 4" pearlized nautilus shells, I have 3 extra ones that I'd be willing to sell for what I paid for them $6.50 each plus shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#85 mexico2007

mexico2007
          • 50 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:11 AM

Oh my God-I love those shells!! What a great idea! I really want to include the sand ceremony, I just never thought about having something different like the shells. Do you know where I can find some like that??

#86 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:35 PM

I had an idea today and thought I'd share. I've been looking for a container for my sand ceremony, for what seems like forever! I want something that has a cover so that I can transport it home, but I want something pretty so that it will be a nice decoration.

So I stated looking at perfume bottles, and there are some really beautiful ones, I've found a lot that aren't too expensive, different colors, the only thing you have to be careful of is the size, I'm trying to find one thats not tiny!

Right now I'm on amazon, I just searched for decorative bottles, and a million choices came up. But I also googled decorative bottles, and perfurme bottles and got a bunch of other choices.

Just a thought in case anyone is having the same problem!

#87 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:02 PM

Jill that's a good idea, I was also thinking about wine decanters.. It's just beginning to be such a hassle with the sand ceremony that I may cut it out again.. lol.. Maybe I'll do the "hand" ceremony instead.

#88 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:13 PM

Tammy I thought the same thing about the wine decanter. Its so hard finding something just the right size. I found a perfect one on linens & things website on friday, but I didn't order it. well I went back today to order it, it was on clearance, and it was gone today, WTF! So now I'm back on the hunt!

#89 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:12 PM

so in my hunt for "make your own veil" i came across this site. when i saw some of these corked bottles, i thought of those of you looking to do the sand ceremony. Wedding Favors - Wedding Party Favors - Shower Favors - Discount Wedding Favors

#90 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

Great find Ann, I'll have to find out how big they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users