Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 mexico15

• 250 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TAMMYM
    I seen the pic in the other thread, I'm just still a little interested to find out if the sand will leak out. Have you tested it yet?
    Yea...I am not sure how the sand wouldn't just start settling toward the bottom after a while, especially being moved or dropped. Anyone have any hands on experience

#32 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

I remember when I was little as and art project we did a sand frame (with out the pictures) and for the most part the sand stayed in, but if you tipped in on it's side it would leak out a little. You would have to fill the frame in order to get a true look of it, plus how do you plan on filling the frame, you would think with the wind blowing that it may be hard getting the sand inbetween the two pieces of glass... Just a thought..

#33 SASSYGIRL

• 1,188 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

I really like the frame idea - if someone has tried this out please let us know how it worked and any tips you have would be great too!
        Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08

#34 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
        • 1,430 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

I haven't tried it yet but I will and let you know!

#35 SPRINGBRIDE

• 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

Glass Bottles & Jars - Small Size Collection

Glass jars and containers with cork wholesale by Couronne Company Inc.

Message in a Bottle - Specialty Bottle
            Message in a Bottle - Specialty Bottle

These links have jars with corks that go in the top

Some more with lids.....
            Vases and Cylinders-Floral Supplies - Vases - Decorative Items for Home - Clear Ginger Vases - Cylinder Vases - Balmoral Jars - Pole Vases

eBay: Sand wedding ceremony unity heart glass DLX bottle set (item 180076339176 end time Jan-25-07 11:27:45 PST)

Another idea might be the oil and vinegar clear jars that sometimes come with a stopper

#36 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

Great finds Springbride. I found some but WAY more money... I like the larger opened ones so that it's easier to pour into

#37 mexico15

• 250 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

Thanks SpringBride!

#38 Mrs.Morley

• 259 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

I personally really like these that springbride posted earlier...

Wedding Favors: Nesting 3 Piece Bells Vase Set ( on the second page of this thread)... I just have to find a way to seal it. Maybe with some duct tape and a cloth with a rubber band over it.. I don't think it will spill this way. we will just have to make sure to fill it all the way to the top.

#39 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

I also want to do the floating picture frame idea. It is now on sale at Target for $9.99 (originally $12.99) so if anyone wants to scoop one up they can. I'm more scared about traveling with it. And do people buy the sand here and bring it to Mexico or can you purchase colored sand there? It seems so annoying to have to travel with sand on top of everything else.

#40 jpkw

• VIP Member
                    • 1,650 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

We are just going to use sand from Cabo. The sand right out in front of Dreams is nice - we looked at it when we were there for this purpose. We are not using colored sand but figure it will mean just as much since it is cabo sand. i want to do the frame idea - if anyone has done it, can you let us know?? thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users