• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#11 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ali and Jeff
    We chose a sand ceremony for ours and brought down sand to match our wedding colours and then we found this little bottle in a craft store and used it to pour our sand in and then sealed it closed with some glue and a cork! It looks really neat and its a great keepsake for us since we couldn't bring flowers back or anything like that! Anyways here's a picture of what it looked like too!
    Click the image to open in full size.
    This is very pretty! Is the green funnel a leaf? I like it.
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#12 jpkw

jpkw
    • VIP Member
    • 1,650 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:10 AM

Quote:
      Today 08:11 PM
      sanchez0014 I'm sorry to sound like an idiot but what does a sand ceremony signify and can you do it at any resort as part of the ceremony?
      There is another post on here somewhere that has details on the wording for the sand ceremonies. Do a search for it. I think it's a really nice idea and I definitely plan to do it. i have to figure out our containers!

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=OneLove;31347--so....why have you decided against it? have you decided on something else?~andrea[/QUOTE]

The reason I decided against it, is because I thought the true meaning of the sand cermony was the blending of the bride and grooms families to make one. With that said, since as of right now, no one on my side of the family is going it just doesn't feel right doing it without them there.

#14 SPRINGBRIDE

SPRINGBRIDE
        • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

I've included some websites below that have sets vase sets for a sand ceremony.

Kensington Classics: Unity Sand Ceremony Vases

Glass Pouring Ceremony Vases - Unity Ceremony -Unity Candle Sets, Unity Sand Ceremonies and Unity Candle Stands

Unity Sand Ceremony Sets

Wedding Favors: Nesting 3 Piece Bells Vase Set

Sand Ceremony Unity Kit - CC-S3900

Other ideas I've come across is for the middle vase using one that you already have. One I read about was she used her grandmothers vase for the middle.

#15 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

I think I seen a set that the center vase has a cap on the top of it so that you can travel back with it.

#16 loretuke

loretuke
            • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:16 AM

Here is the link to the other thread (more info)
              http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1232

I like the photo frame idea.

#17 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

the sand ceremony is the alternate to the unity candle I believe. You do the unity candle to signify your two seperate people coming together as one. Our pastor told us we could either blow out the single taper candles to signify we were both one...or keep them lit to signify that we are a unified couple, but still individuals...I like the second option and think that the reason people do the sand thing, is candles on the beach might be difficult. plus like Ali said, its a nice keepsake since you cannot really keep your flowers...
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#18 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

So for the brides that already got married or the ones that are planning on doing this, how did you get your vase (filled) back to the states?

#19 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

I love all the sand ceremony ideas, but has anyone seen any with covers? I really wish all the ones posted had covers, I think they're all so pretty, but I want to be able to bring it home with me.

#20 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:16 PM

Jilly I'm actually searching the net as we speak looking for ones that seal. I'll post if I find one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users