Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:43 PM

Yippee! I saw that Rachel was getting a lot of gifts & it reminded me today is Admin Professionals day, formerly known as Secretary's Day I believe. I always found it a bit offensive for some reason...but in my last job our owners treated as a day to do something special for all of the women in the office. They would take us out to a really great lunch & give us awesome gifts like gift certificates to a spa. Gone are those days for me

So, what is your employer doing for you today?

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

happy day to all included!
    thanks for all your hard work!
    (sadly, not me )

#3 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

This is the only day I miss being an admin lol My boss always took us women out to a fancy restaurant for lunch and let us get wasted

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

OMG- you guys used to get free booze? I got ripped off! I got freaking lotion- again. Do you think they are trying to tell me something? Do I stink?
        Happily married since 2008

#5 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          OMG- you guys used to get free booze? I got ripped off! I got freaking lotion- again. Do you think they are trying to tell me something? Do I stink?
          At lunch he'd get like 2-3 bottles of wine and we'd all down them lol I remember last time, on the way back to work from the lunch, me and 2 other girls stopped at a bar and took shots lol No one knew 'cept us. I just crept back into my office like nothing was going on lol

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

LOL- I must have seriously cursed myself. I just got a flower bouquet with tiny bottles of lotion and body spray in it. I kid you not. I'm off to the bathroom- I need to check my armpits.
            Happily married since 2008

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

Haha!! Yes, you definitely stink Rachel. I think this is one of those days that freaks bosses out...it's like a no win situation...you do something for the ladies in the office & they get pissed thinking you are calling them secretaries...you don't do anything & then you are insensitive. Lotion is pretty safe I guess. Although, I would much prefer a boozy lunch!

#8 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                LOL- I must have seriously cursed myself. I just got a flower bouquet with tiny bottles of lotion and body spray in it. I kid you not. I'm off to the bathroom- I need to check my armpits.
                hehehehe you got it just as you said it? lol

#9 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JennyK
                  At lunch he'd get like 2-3 bottles of wine and we'd all down them lol I remember last time, on the way back to work from the lunch, me and 2 other girls stopped at a bar and took shots lol No one knew 'cept us. I just crept back into my office like nothing was going on lol
                  That is fricking awesome! And a pretty clear indicator that you guys were already trashed...right? That 3 people could decide it's a good idea to stop & have shots on the way back to work? Definitely trashed.

#10 JennyK

JennyK
                  • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Christa
                    That is fricking awesome! And a pretty clear indicator that you guys were already trashed...right? That 3 people could decide it's a good idea to stop & have shots on the way back to work? Definitely trashed.
                    yea we were totally gone.. it was before I was with my FI and I was dating my co-worker........ so we all know where this one went hahahahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users