Italian music suggestions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

• VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

My FI is a first generation American and I would like to compile a surprise list of Italian songs to be played during the reception in Jamaica as well as the AHR in July. Does anyone have any suggestions for artists or songs?

#2 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

carly i have a bunch on my computer at home, since i lived in italy :) i will email you them tonight

#3 leigh miller

leigh miller
    • 936 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

check out paolo conte.

#4 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

Thank, Maura, that's be great! I didn't know you lived in Italy, how cool is that?

Thank, Leigh, I am going to check that name out now.

#5 becks

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

Hi Carly - I have a TON of Italian music too. Like Maura, I lived there for quite a while.

Let me know what type of music you want (traditional, pop, rock, love songs, etc.) and PM me an e-mail address and I'll get you some selections as well.

I just checked my iTunes - I've got over 1,000 songs in italian. I'm pretty sure I can get you some that will suit your purposes!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#6 boscobel

• VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

Holy smokes, over 1000 Italian songs! That's great, I will PM you my address now... And honestly, I don't know what I am looking for, probably something that 50-70 year olds would like?

#7 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

Personally I love Andrea Bocelli for romantic songs. And I think the older crowd will probably like to hear all the traditional italian songs. Will you do the tarantela (sp?) at your wedding?

#8 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

i always think of that song from Lady and the Tramp, when they eat the spaghetti in the back alley of the italian restaurant? does anyone know what i'm talking about? something like "this is the night, such a beautiful night.." i don't know, sorry i'm no help

#9 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:31 PM

Abbie - That's Amore. "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore" Or something like that. I know what you mean!

Glenda - what in the world is that? I read it as tarantula (spider)?

Hmmm, found what it means, and I guess not, since I never heard of it!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In music and dance tarantella most commonly refers to a traditional or folk dance which though Neapolitan is named for the city of Taranto in Southern Italy and often features a lively compound duple meter or 6/8 time. The term tarantella, however, refers to two dances[1] "whose origins are as different as their characteristics"[2]. The folk dance originating in Naples, originally stately, is often confused with dancing involved in the condition of tarantism named for Taranto, and the latter may mistakenly be called tarantella, possibly leading to later confusion in which Neapolitan tarantellas are treated as ecstatic or agitated rather than stately.

#10 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Andrea Bocelli is AMAZING but another one of my fave Italian singers is Eros Ramazzotti. He's got great music. Here's one of his songs - YouTube - I BELONG TO YOU (IT)-2005 EROS RAMAZZOTTI ANASTACIA official

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users