Photo

Am I being too obsessed with tan lines?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dez921714

Dez921714
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

Ok, my wedding isn't until January...just under 9 months away.

I bought a strapless bathingsuite which I plan to wear all summer and on our vacation in September (to Mexico). I'm also considering getting 2 tube tops from old navy to wear if I'm hanging out outside in the back yard or something.

I'm doing this because I have an olive complexion and I tan easily and I have the potential to get really dark. I'm afraid if I get tan lines this summer, I'll still have them come January (it's happened before).

A friend told me she thinks I'm being a little extream and that I shouldn't worry about tan lines until I get to Mexico 4 days before my wedding in Jan and then be sure to wear strapless.

What do you think?
    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#2 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

I don't think you are. I have the same problem. I was thinking the same thing as you, except with my feet! At the end of the summer I always have these flip flop tan lines on my feet! So now I am considering going shoe less all summer just to not have those stupid lines! LOL!

You just want to look your best. For pictures sake (remember - pictures last a lifetime) - I don't think you are overreacting at all.
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

sorry... i cant agree with celina here... i think your friend is right, you really dont need to worry about any tan lines until maybe 6 weeks out. most of your tan from the summer should fade long before january.

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:06 AM

honestly, i agree, i think you are being extreme.

i also have olive skin and tan super easy but i could change any tan lines by sitting outside for a day or two.

#5 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:06 AM

I don't think you are overreacting at all.... The only way to correct tan lines you already have is to fake and bake or spray tanning. So, if you are not up for those you need to take precautions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users