Cost for Guests

LRUSH

Well, my parents aren't going to our in Cancun either. Neither one have ever flown, my dad has lung cancer and my mom has a ton of health problems. They aren't set financially anymore so they aren't paying for any of the wedding. Although they would love to go...they wouldn't be able to afford it anyways. So none of my family will be there. Not my sisters or parents, aunts, uncles, etc. My FI paren't are going and staying the whole time. I have left the invitation open to all of our friends and I don't expect anyone to go but thought they would be more excited than they are. A lot say they are going but who knows. My best friend who is my moh hasn't really been into any of it. hasn't helped with anything. I don't have anyone that seems to want to help with any of it at all. I totally know how you feel. We have come to the conclusion that as long as the two of us are there it doesn't matter who else goes. You can't stress about that, trust me I have been doing that the whole time and it gets you no where. Your mother is being selfish and hopefully she will change her mind. Make sure you send her pictures and let her know what they have there. She may get excited. Good luck to you.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you estimated 40 guests to come and it ends up to be 10 guests, how advance do you need to tell the wedding coordinator. Normally don't you sign a contract that gives you a pricing on like 40 guests x $50 for reception months ahead of the wedding date. Do you get to change the contract after you sign it stating 40 guests to 10 guests right before your wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBug View Post
My family complained about my DW and they are still complaining. I really don't anymore. If no one shows up great! If people do show up great! I really don't care. This day is about Tim and me. It was really hurtful at first and then I really just got over it.
It really sucks that families are not supportive from the beginning. Is that too much to ask?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie M View Post
I don't want to come off like a bi*ch but Do what you want to do!!!! This is about you and your FI!!! If people are going to complain then tell them not to come!! They are invited, not forced to go! That sucks that it's your mom because I'm sure you really want her there!
I agree. At some point you need to just tell yourself this is about us not them and stick to that feeling and you wont feel as bad. Thats my theory anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUSH View Post
Yesica quoted me $220 per person per day after April 15th. I am booking 2008 now, but am being offered 2007 prices. This is including the 10 room block discount. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Anyone going with a travel agent to get better deals?
Tammy is working on getting my an awesome rate at about $170 pp at Dreams Los Cabos w/ the room block for my wedding in June '08. She is defiantly the one you want to work with!

Hi Tammy,

I too am struggling with the TA prices at Dreams. I have gotten a quote of 185 a night if we gaurantee 10 rooms. (For this July so not peak season but not 6 months in advance). Now $185 per night per person is not bad. However, if you book a package deal with Orbitz online you can get the flight included for about the same price.

It seems booking the flight and hotel at the same time saves you a huge amount of money. I can not block a flight and hotel for guests because I have guests coming in from all over and they are staying for a variety of days.

What are your thoughts on getting a room rate but then the package deal with the flight included being better? I too want to get my guests the best deal possible.

Thanks,

Lee