Private Menu Options @ Riu Palace

Hi All! I want my guests to be satisfied with their sit-down meal at the reception, however since Riu Palace, or more specifically the Riu chain do not offer a complimentary site inspection and tasting like some other Cabo hotel/resorts do I am going on assumption that the menus provided are tasty (hopefully?). Can any Riu Palace brides give a little input as to the "Private" menu option selections? smile72.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have tried the food at the Riu Palace. I was so upset that they wouldn't let me try the food that my fiancee insisted that we must (you can break them down, just be persistent). We had our reception in the "Baja Norte" area and chose Ribeye and Fish skewers for our dinner. It was not either fish skewers, or Ribeye, but a bit of each on each plate (I didn't understand this before). The Riu Palace does an excellent job when it come to red meat - I would take this into consideration when choosing. There food is all pretty good, though, so you will be happy. In what area are you having your reception? check out pix, etc at my website wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsmeow View Post
I was a little iffy about the location, but finally decided on the English Garden. Does anybody have any insight into this area? I haven't heard much about it.
I originally was going to have my reception in the English Garden and switched the day before my wedding. It is a beautiful area in the middle of the hotel. The lobby looks down into the English garden. It has huge beautiful glass doors and windows that have warm wood molding. There is a gorgeous fountain as well. PM me if you want more pix of it than the Riu sends (I took plenty). Good choice!!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the prices for steakhouse food if it were to be served at another restaurant? We want to eat at the Mexican restaurant, but really don't want burritos as our wedding meal. Daniella WILL NOT reply to any of my emails - can't wait to meet her. Please help :)

I had my reception at the Mexican Rest. on the terrace. The view was beautiful and can't be beat! It made for some nice photos with the ocean as a backdrop. We did not pay for a private reception, and we were happy with our decision. The food was fine. I did not hear anyone complain about the food. Some of the choices were fajitas, beef tenderloin, burittos, chicken...etc. There was an appetizer and salad bar. Everything in my opinion was pretty good and we even ate at this same rest. 2 more times after the wedding.

As for the "semi-private," we had 30 guests on the terrace and took up most of the space on the terrace. There were maybe 2 or 3 other tables set up on the terrace, but they were all the way on the other side and we did not even notice them.

There was an area set up for dancing. There was room for our guests to dance and we did!

I hope this helps out on your decisions! I honestly do not even know if they will use food from one restaurant at another location.

Thanks for your advice! How long were you allowed to occupy the restaurant terrace for dancing etc?? We do not want to pay for an open bar either - if tipped well, do the waiters take care of you? What time did you have dinner at Mandie??

The terrace is so beautiful that I can't imagine having it at the Steakhouse just for the food!! I won't remember the food 10 years from now, but I can look back at the beautiful photos :)

Thanks again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushkilla View Post
Thanks for your advice! How long were you allowed to occupy the restaurant terrace for dancing etc?? We do not want to pay for an open bar either - if tipped well, do the waiters take care of you? What time did you have dinner at Mandie??

The terrace is so beautiful that I can't imagine having it at the Steakhouse just for the food!! I won't remember the food 10 years from now, but I can look back at the beautiful photos :)

Thanks again!!!
My wedding ceremony was at 6:00 pm and my guests began making their way over to the restaurant at about 6:30. We finally were told "one more song" shortly after 11:00 pm. and were out by 11:30 p.m. Dinner was served around 7:00 pm. My guests and I drank the beer, wine, and champaigne that was served during the reception dinner. We must have went through 20 bottles of champaigne- the waitstaff were filling our glasses constantly! They definitely took care of us. One of the waiters even showed off his incredible break dancing skills on the dance floor. It was all around great. Daniela did warn us in a few emails that the dance floor would only be big enough for our first dance. I think she was trying to discourage us from using it as a dance floor for the entire night because we chose the semi private event. There were 30 of us and at about 15 of us were dancing on the dance floor at one time without a problem. If you have any other questions about it or would like to see any pics, PM me and I would be glad to help out. I went into not really knowing what to expect myself!