Photo

Sea lice eruption in Cancun/Playa area??

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Princess402

Princess402
  • 737 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pixydustkr
    This is gross, but I got sea lice bites in the ocean in Cancun once (in March.) Most of the hotels have little outdoor showers when you come in from the beach (so you don't get sand in their pool, etc.) I always use those if I've been swimming and haven't had a problem since. The best thing would be to go right to your room and shower after you've been in the ocean. The cream/treatments are also always available in the hotel shops and they work well.
    Oh that sux!! Was it bad, like did it ruin your trip? Did a lot of people get stung or just you?

#22 Opice34

Opice34
    • 414 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

I also just got back from Cancun yesterday and I didn't see any sea lice either!

#23 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
      • Vendor
      • 278 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:42 PM

[QUOTE]It does happen and my homeopath suggegsts taking a bottle of vinegar with you to the beach. If they bite then pour the vinegar on it right away and you'll have no problems./QUOTE]

I think Tequila could work for this too.

PS, just kidding Paul!

#24 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
        • 248 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:01 PM

I just read a review from a bride in Dreams it sounds & looks pretty bad.. I am freaking out now hoping none of my guests get wind of this...
          <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#25 pixydustkr

pixydustkr
          • 35 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:47 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Princess402
            Oh that sux!! Was it bad, like did it ruin your trip? Did a lot of people get stung or just you?
            My sister and I both got them... it wasn't that bad, just little bites that were kind of itchy. They were more unattractive than anything, so we couldn't wear cute tops for a couple of days. I guess it would be a big deal if you were all red at your wedding, but like I said before, as long as you rinse yourself off you should be OK. I will probably just stay out of the ocean til after the ceremony (I will probably be too busy before then to do any sea frolicking anyway!)

We were with a big group of 8 or so people and my sister and I were the only ones affected. I think it varies person to person how susceptible you are to a reaction, like someone else said. Of course I am allergic to everything!

#26 Cali

Cali
            • 281 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

great something else to think about...sea lice...

#27 Mandy

Mandy
              • 514 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                We have this in North Carolina too. I've never experienced it, but I've heard others talk about it. Just so no one thinks it's some scary exotic thing. Like that penis fish in the amazon.
                Leave it to Morgan to bring up the penis fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users