• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ana
    that's super awesome! good for you !!! have you already registered for the next one?
    Well I have two Breast Cancer 3 Days this summer, one in August, and another in September. So it probably will have to be sometime in 2009.

Maybe a Spring. That seems so far though!

#32 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
    • VIP Member
    • 3,405 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

Uhm, just have to tell you that I saw a flyer at my gym for the Olympic discovery trail 1/2 marathon and googled it to perhaps sign up.....then realized it was 13 miles and chickened out. You at least motivated me to google it :) For some reason I thought it was way less miles. yikes. Andy and I were totally jazzed to sign up and train for it but I'm not so sure now

#33 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amy&andy08
      Uhm, just have to tell you that I saw a flyer at my gym for the Olympic discovery trail 1/2 marathon and googled it to perhaps sign up.....then realized it was 13 miles and chickened out. You at least motivated me to google it :) For some reason I thought it was way less miles. yikes. Andy and I were totally jazzed to sign up and train for it but I'm not so sure now
      You should totally do it! honestly 13 miles seems intimidating...I didn't think I could do it either, but you train for it and every week you add a mile to your jogg and before you know it your endurance and strength carries you to the finish line! The key is to sign up for it, and then maybe find a running clinic that will teach and inspire you.

I'm going to sign up for the full marathon in october tonight it seems totally impossible right now...I can finish the 1/2 but then I feel like throwing up after. I know that I can do it though, I just need to get motivated and learn some techniques. Finishing is awesome! there's tonnes of people cheering for you and you really feel like you accomplished something when its all done

#34 angitalia23

angitalia23
      • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:31 PM

Ana, your awesome....congrats!!!!! The pics show just how hard you worked!!! Those are great!
        Anthony & Angela
        19 June 2008

#35 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
        • 2,171 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

Ana you are amazing.. and you inspire me! My sister and brother both ran the half marathon in Vancouver, too. My brother finished in 1:54 and my sister in 2:12 or so. I'm going to attempt a 10K in June!

#36 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

Ok so I got a bunch of proofs that the photographers took along the way of the run. Please don't pay attention to the atrocious faces I was making, (A)I didn't know that they were snapping pics, and (B)I apparently make faces when I'm tried..haha! But anyways, do you think any of these are worth ordering?

Click the image to open in full size.

#37 currier73

currier73
          • 154 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

Good for you. I just began to run and hope I will be able to do longer distances in the future.

Heather

#38 angitalia23

angitalia23
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

I would order one or two of the proofs, it shows your accomplishment and would be a nice memory....however, it looks like your FI took some nice shots too so you could just stick with those.
              Anthony & Angela
              19 June 2008

#39 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • LocationToronto

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:22 AM

Yea I think I might just order one or two, either way I'm a gross sweaty mess so paying money for it seems a bit silly...lol!

#40 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
              • 151 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:47 AM

Good for you! That is a great distance to run, one of my favorites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users