Sign in to follow this  
Martha

Laura Mercier Make-Up

I might try this kind of make up. I usually wear minimal make up... and it's all from target, aside from a bobby brown bronzer that i only wear when going out.

should probably go soon so i can practice before our pictures!

my main thing for a make up, is not looking "done" so for you girls that have it, does it look really natural?

I need to practice too!

I wish Macy's down here carried it. We are moving next month back to our hometown which only has Macy's. Guess I will have to order online or just drive 3 hours back up here to buy when I run out. smile27.gif

It's true - not all Macy's sell Laura Mercier, but you can check Laura Mercier - Find Stores & Events - Store Locator - www.lauramercier.com.

I haven't tried Laura Mercier in a looong time. After all of the positive posts, I definitely want to try it again and also Bobbi Brown.

I am currently using the Armani foundation and love it. I actually have the foundation in two shades for my winter coloring and summer coloring. I think it's fabulous but am always open to trying new products! Bloomingdales also sells Armani makeup.

For quick touch-ups or when I don't have time for the liquid foundation, I love using the Shiseido dual wet/dry compact. I use it dry though. I tried MAC and agree w/Christine - it made me look like a ghost! I was probably using the wrong shade, but it also looked very make-up-y and dry. Ick.

Does anyone have an opinion on foundation primer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvinnov View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on foundation primer?
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is supposed to fabulous. Haven't tried it though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
I might try this kind of make up. I usually wear minimal make up... and it's all from target, aside from a bobby brown bronzer that i only wear when going out.

my main thing for a make up, is not looking "done" so for you girls that have it, does it look really natural?
I use to not at all wear foundation and the make up I did wear was all Avon and come Clinique. This make up is great. I have rosacea and it lightly covers it and its easy. Plus there is a tinter to buy that you can add for when you are tan. I love it so far.

YEAH Martha!! Which eye shadows did you get! I think I am going back for more shadows!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
YEAH Martha!! Which eye shadows did you get! I think I am going back for more shadows!!

I have blue eyes, so I just went with what she put on me...I bought like 5 or 6 of them....off the top of my head, cognac, antique gold, blue suede, some other blue (navy something?), and crap one more light color...can't remember the name. I'll have to get back to ya on that one!

Did they show you how to put on eyeliner? To do it underneath the eyelid? It works wonders!

I have to admit, I bought the bronzer and I am so afraid to use it because I am afraid to turn orange. I am so old school!

I was planning on going to smashbox but now I'm unsure after reading through this thread!!! I know I can get a trial done at both but I always feel SO obligated to buy a bunch of stuff! Anyone? Smashbox votes?

I went to the Laura Mercier counter today! I went in without any pictures and just knowing that I wanted to look like me, only a little enhanced.

The girl I had was AWESOME. She asked for my input but for the most part went with her ideas - which was totally want I wanted. I've never known if I've been picking the right colors for my skin/eyes/hair so I really wanted someone to tell me what would look best on me. To top it all of she gave me a VERY detailed step by step instruction guide for how to put it on.

Here are pictures: (little more shiny than right after, but we ran some errands and it's 112 here, so ....)

Click the image to open in full size.

disregard the bras in the background!

and here's a closer up. i'm sticking with my own mascara... this stuff was kinda spider leg like