Photo

Asian wedding makeup inspiration?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mpark46

mpark46
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

For some reason, I'm finding it very hard to find some good photos for wedding makeup for inspiration.

I'm Korean, so I'm specifically looking for Asian makeup ideas!

Thanks for any help you can provide!

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

What about something like this? Like soft rosey cheeks, light gloss and darker eyes. I think the focus should be on opening up your eyes to really showcase the beautiful almond eyes.

Also you can take a look at Tammy (the host)'s pics, she is Asian and her make-up looked beautiful on her.

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

Or how about something like this? If you notice she has smokey eyes, rosey cheeks and pale lips. Personally I love this look but I don't know if you want to wear a lot of make-up or not. If you want to look more neutral you can lighten the eyeshadow. But since its a special day, I think the eyeliner and eyeshadow will make the eyes pop.

#4 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

Unfortunately I could not paste the pic here, but go to this website and they have an "Asian" link. They model looks gorgeous!

about face
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#5 Leia78

Leia78
          • VIP Member
          • 2,459 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

This is a great post, b/c I'm Asian too! I think we look best with a smokey eye w/ fake eyelahes to make our eyes pop. I love that website Nikki. THanks for sharing.

#6 MelissaH

MelissaH
            • 1,724 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

There are quite a few pictures of Asian makeup ideas here...

http://www.michellem...com/net-mup.htm

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Yeah Leia I agree, fake eyelashes and smokey eyes really enhance the almond shape feature. Nikki that's a great site, I forgot all about it.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                [IMG]

Also you can take a look at Tammy (the host)'s pics, she is Asian and her make-up looked beautiful on her.
                haha...glenda is being too kind...do not look at my wedding pics...my makeup was a mess that day. i stayned in the sun too long, burned my nose and my foundation no longer matched so i just used loose powder...and my eyelash was falling off...

thats what you get when you spend too much time by the pool and not enough time getting ready.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tammy Host
                  haha...glenda is being too kind...do not look at my wedding pics...my makeup was a mess that day. i stayned in the sun too long, burned my nose and my foundation no longer matched so i just used loose powder...and my eyelash was falling off...

thats what you get when you spend too much time by the pool and not enough time getting ready.
                  Don't listen to her! Tammy is just being modest. Look at her slidseshow in her siggy and you will see how good she looks. Her sisters look really pretty too. You can get inspiration from those pics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users