photographer is freaking out about my review
Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:57 PM
Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:05 PM
Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:06 PM
Our Caletas Wedding Slideshow (by Leigh Miller)
Our Caletas Wedding Video
Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:11 PM
| Originally Posted by SunBride |
She says she'll still fill my order for sure, there was never any thoguht of not doing that, which is obviously good. It could be worse, she could be refusing to do that.
Its not an unfair review and she just has to deal with it. If it was unfair ,fair enough but it wasn't so she should just deal with it
Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:17 PM
I can post more or less her defenses, since she sent me many emails
- she was rushed taking the pics of the starfish in the water because of the waves coming in and this is where the nicest sand was (understandable, I could remove this comment)
- she said all along she wouldn't copy other people's style (but she's mistaken there, the photos I'm thinking of are either hers and some that she took of my bridesmaids gettign ready but not me. I even asked her for one of them and she defensively said she already took it so I didn't go into it further to make sure she got exactly what I wanted. It was a photo of my hair, and there are tons of it half done but not the ones I wanted after it was done. This is one of the ones I'm disappointed about not getting)
-about the bad ocean, she says the other parts of the beach had people
- about stressing me out she thinks I shouldn't be mad because it all worked out (i.e. I'm happy I gave her more time) but I still don't think it was necessary to stress me out. Also there were other things that she didn't defend (i.e. her being stressed about the room quality, the flights, and a few overly direct /rude emails that stressed me out)
-the sunset was not good (so I removed that comment from my review)
-it's not her job to be "fun" and her other clients think she is. She says it's perhaps a connection issue between us an her (I didn't think so, but maybe because of the stress she caused me before, we didn't connect great, just okay. But she didn't really try to make it fun. but again I didn't care, this was a comment for others who want to have fun even if the cost is not getting as many photos)
- the comments about her negativity are a personal attack and have no effect on her job so I should not have mentioned them (I think they are very relevant since she spent most of the week, at least 50% of the time, hanging out with our group)
- and of course, like I mentioned, she thought my "clump of material" detachable train did not flow well (but she didn't even try to place it! I have pictures the seamstress took that look great! I understand if we were fighting to make it work and it didn't, but we never even tried placing it nice!)
These are all her responses (via email) about what I said in my review.
Please don't go commenting on her responses because she's not here to defend herself and I don't want to make matters worse.
feel free to comment on the general situation as per my other posts, but as for this post here, I think it's best we leave it be, especially since I am paraphrasing for her.
Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:10 PM
if anything i would keep your review the same and ADD that part about her response to the review as it is a little much. she sounds like she is scolding you in her response about not being there to entertain you.
also, you would think she would take it as constructive criticism instead of attacking you or being so defensive...the last time a bride posted a not so great review of her photog, the photog came on here and apologized and said he would take it all in consideration to keep his brides happy...and thanked the bride for being straightforward.
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:34 PM
| Originally Posted by AnnR |
Ironically, it's not the review that I see hurting her business, it's her reaction to the review.
Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:54 AM
I appreciated learning about my photographer's personality who will be at my really tiny wedding on the only resort on a little tiny island in Fiji. A bride who used him gave me her honest opinion about him. That was a good thing.
So your photographer is going to have to put her big girl panties on and deal with it. Shes in the business of SERVICE and people in that job get critiqued not by bosses or test scores but by customers that they service.If anything she should take all reviews done about her to perfect her business.
Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:35 PM
Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:31 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users