142 replies to this topic

#81 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

sarah, im telling you. just have kevin deal with his mother. she obviously is throwing a tantrum thinking she can control you. just let it go, and let kevin handle it. if she wants to get mad, she can get mad at her son. dont even answer her email to you, it was rude, curt, and controlling. dont give her a reason to continue being rude by writing back.

#82 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

Definately don't answer her email, she might need some time to think about what she said. Maybe she will come around and you should definately let Kevin talk to her. She may need to hear it from him, that it's important to both of you.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#83 h&a

h&a
    • 321 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

Just getting caught up on this thread. I LOVE CANDY BUFFETS!!! I only heard of this a few days ago and I've been dreaming of one ever since. I think they're fantastic... so much fun, and they're so beautiful when laid out with all the colors... heaven! I so want to have one in Mexico but worry about melting on the beach. It almost makes me want to have an AHR just to have a candy buffet :)
      I'm glad you sent Maura's email... it was perfect. I also agree to let your FI deal w/ it from this point... and just stay strong but non personal if she brings it up w/ you... since you're paying for it in the end it's your decision and I know that it's going to look fantastic and everyone will be raving about it...
      I think I need to go get some candy now :)

#84 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

OH and as a bossy person myself, I agree to not responding. When I'm being commanding and no one listens to me, I tend to reflect and realize I was being bossy. I hope your FMIL will do the same.
        Happily married since 2008

#85 Saraha

Saraha
        • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

OK definetly not responding to that!!! Im sooo bad Im shaking!

#86 Karen

Karen
          • 1,308 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

OK! This has nothing to do with candy bars, coffee bars, etc. This is about power and power struggles. I have seen this time and time again. Everybody is sweet and then weddings just do something wacky to families. She's trying to show you who the alpha female in her family. If it wasn't a candy bar it would be something else. Like the girls said let FI handle this. And I say you should now go to the bar!!!
            <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#87 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Saraha
              OK definetly not responding to that!!! Im sooo bad Im shaking!
              Sarah - are you oK?

#88 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
              • VIP Member
              • 4,116 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

woohoo! Karen comin' in w/ the good advice! love it!

To the (alcohol) bar you go then! ;-)

#89 Saraha

Saraha
                • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lucky k72
                  OK! This has nothing to do with candy bars, coffee bars, etc. This is about power and power struggles. I have seen this time and time again. Everybody is sweet and then weddings just do something wacky to families. She's trying to show you who the alpha female in her family. If it wasn't a candy bar it would be something else. Like the girls said let FI handle this. And I say you should now go to the bar!!!
                  Sarah - are you oK?
                  Im good Alyssa!!!!
                  Thanks so much for caring, just upset. Hopefully it will get better after Kevin talks to her....

#90 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

Sarah, everything will be fine, please don't worry. Weddings turn completely sane people a little nutty. Dont' worry everything will work out!
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users