Breathe Sarah Breathe!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry you're dealing with this. I don't really have any advice or words of wisdom, but we're here if you need to cry/vent/whatever.

#102 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

Just got this email from her:

Sarah, I am sorry for this whole mess. I was complaining to Shane about thecandy buffet and I should have just kept my BIG mouth shut. It doesn'treally matter. Things are a mess because of me. I just want everyoneto be happy, that's all.

#103 JessicaPV

JessicaPV
      • 375 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

Have your Candy Bar. What does your FI think of it?

#104 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

Sarah it sounds like she has the best intentions. She shouldn't have gone off about a candy buffet to her husband so obviously, there is a deeper issue going on. I hope you all can get it hashed out because it sounds like you will have wonderful in-laws. This planning stuff is stressful and people pick fights over the dumbest stuff. It will all be over soon. :)
          Happily married since 2008

#105 alex

alex
          • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

:bunn y_4:

Smile!

#106 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

Jeeez!! All this over a $25 candy situation? Yeah, probably not so much. You are 7 weeks out, people start freaking out in the weirdest ways. Maybe FMIL is starting to feel like she's losing her position & she's lashing out in weird ways? I don't know. I think people just get fricking weird with weddings. My mom drove me INSANE the month before our wedding - she was super clingy and weird and acted completely not herself. In hindsight, I realize it was because she was nervous/anxious that her only daughter was getting married & she didn't know how to act.

Whatev - it's your day girl. The drama needs to go. Hopefully you guys can figure it out & calm everything down.

#107 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

So sorry this is all happening. Maybe it's for the better though. Sometimes crap needs to hit the fan before everything really comes out and gets all hashed out. Good luck and we are here

#108 Saraha

Saraha
                • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

Thanks guys I just wrote her a long email so hopefully things wil be sorted out!!!

#109 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

sarah, sending you a big hug. sorry youre going through this.

just remember what i told you: if you dont stand up for yourself, no one else will. dont back down from the things you want. do what you have to do to keep the peace. xoxo we're here to talk if you need us!

#110 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry!

Things definitely got blown up! There seems to be an issue with your FMIL & FMFIL...perhaps it's a money thing.

I hope this all gets sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users