Sign in to follow this  
Saraha

Breathe Sarah Breathe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraha View Post
So anyways Kevin was about to call his mom and blow up on her and after calming him down I told him I would write her an email.... so let me know if this is nice yet assertive:

Hey Jaci!
Its not too late to stop everything. I can return it all and eat all the candy LOL! JK! But Kevin and I really think it would be fun to have, I think it would look nice and all the guests would enjoy it. But if you really dont want me to do it I wont.

How does that sound? Havent sent it yet?
Are you kidding me...NO - DON'T SEND IT! You are already giving her the power with every single sentence in that email!

EDIT _ OK, good, Maura got to you first!!

Good for you Sarah. Just so you know- my grandpa is 70 and he always has candy in his pocket- without wrappers. Nothing like pops giving you a piece of candy covered in lint. Young and old love candy. Poo poo on your FMIL for not being a candy lover herself!

Okay I just finally read through all of the posts & I am so glad the e-mail was edited before you sent it!! I am so anxious to see what she says. I completely disagree with her thinking the adults won't enjoy the candy. I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a cupcake!!! (hope that doesn't offend anyone, just a fav. saying of mine!)

Sooooo just for the record, IF somehow this all falls throught... I will GLADLY help you dispose of all the extra candy... wink.gif

I'm just catching up on this thread. Kudos to you for sending Marua's email. Yours sounding like you were apologizing for something that you don't have to apologize for. Your almost making seem like a candy buffet might not be a good idea. but it's a great idea! If i was getting married at home I would definately have a candy buffet. Everyone loves candy, no matter how old they are. You should keep your candy buffet, I guarantee all of your guests will make such a fuss over how cool the candy buffet is. And than i'm sure fmil will be proud she had the ahr with the candy buffet at her house. I love coffee, but I could do without a coffee bar, candy bar would be sooooo much better. goodluck Sarah!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT THIS EMAIL I JUST GOT!

I just think it's going to be too costly and not a necessary expense.

Between Picazzo's, the tables/chairs, centerpieces, cake, bartender,

DJ, Pam, evap coolers, decorations etc. etc. we are over $5,000.

We really need to stop spending. I think it will be as wonderful a

party without a candy buffet. So my vote is NO for the candy buffet.

Quote:

I'm confused...is she paying for everything?
If you're paying the candy buffet, it should stay.

Quote:

forward it to kevin, make him deal with her because sorry, but shes being a bitch. she doesnt get a vote, and the candy bar is already paid for -- not sure what about the fact that its paid for she doesnt get.

Well I'd just ignore it and have the candy bar show up. You already paid for it. End of discussion. The candy bar will be there and her vote has been cast aside.

I would just let Kevin deal with her about it. You already let her know that you paid for everything for it and that you really were excited to have one because you and Kevin WANTED it. That should of been an end of discussion, she's being a PITA.