Breathe Sarah Breathe!

Saraha

Ok I desperately neeeeeeddd to vent!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if you all know but my FI and I are currently living with my FMIL and FFIL, we are house sitting and have actually been living with them for the past 4 months and now they moved to cali so we are house sitting. Well I LOVE my FMIL to death but they have been from the start very worried about their house and impressing people. Dont get me wrong, their house is gorgeous, but I and all of my friends family are not into that and would not care if we were having our AHR at a trail park or their house.

SOOOOO the new thing was I was so excited to do the candy buffet. I went out and bought EVERYTHING for it and have been spenind tond of time working on it! I have been scared to tell my FMIL because I wasnt sure how she was going to react having a "candy buffet" at her house.

From where I see it, its my wedding and I should be able to choose what I want. So I sent her this email

"..... and your going to shoot me but I started another project that I fell in love with

(dont kill me). I bought everything for it last night at ikea and was super cheap (jars were like 3 bucks each). But thought this would be

the cutest little touch to do.... I was busy last night doing it and should be all done on friday for you to see.... here is the pics because

Im sure your like what the heck are you talking about psycho bride to be!!!!

I just need to figure out where to put it. It wouldnt take up a ton of room but think it would be so cute and easy,

they call them candy buffets and would just get little baggies

So you think thats ok?

and she sent me this back

Hi Psycho Bride....is it too late to stop your new project!!! LOL! UGH! OMG!I was thinking you were going to do a coffee bar. I know the candy bar iscute, but with all the other expenses do you think we could do without that?Sorry, is it really too late? I don't want to say no, but I think the coffee bar would be better. Don't be upset with me. You know I hate to say NO to you.................................

Sorry to burst your bubble on the candy bar. I LOVE YOU!Jaci

WTH.....

I know its just a "candy buffet" but its more the principle!!!!

I WANT MY F-ING CANDY BAR!!!!!!! LOL

Am I being to crazy here or what?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok wait... sarah... are you paying for the candy buffet? if so, your FMIL can shove off. its your wedding reception and you should be able to have ANYTHING you want, ESPECIALLY if you are paying for it.

i don't get why she cares?

this is exactly why I wanted a wedding in mexico. I didn't want to do any planning through someone. If I had a wedding back home I'd have to be running everything past my mom or his mom. Everyone has different tastes & I don't want to have to explain everything I want to do or justify it. When people see the finished thing they'd probably love it. But, sometimes it just sounds weird & people are turned off by some image they have.

What if you sent her a picture of a candy buffet? Or told her you've already done a lot of work on it & would hate to scrap what you have?

No I am paying for the candy buffet! But the AHR is at her house.... Im sure its because she thinks its tacky so she wants me to get stuff for a coffee bar instead.... and um pretty sure people will be throwing down been and margaritas instead of coffee.... except for the older crowd and coffee will be available anyways...

I mean I know its just a candy bar.... but its just the principle...

I already sent her tons of pics..... guess she doesnt like it LOL!

Im being a BIATCH and want one!

And the thing is I have already pretty much done it all..... I spent like 5 hours yesterday working on it and buying everything for it.