Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:19 PM
I had thought about this before I began hacksawing it. The strands were tied to the rod- there were drilled holes and the strings went through the hole and just knotted at the top.
I didn't cut the individual strings off for a few reasons:
1. THe top of the string wasn't long enough to simply tie to the arch. There was like only an inch or less of string. I thought maybe they could staple them on, but then I didn't know if they had a staple gun.
2. I didn't want the workers to have to tie on all the strands.
3. I worried about the workers not evenly spacing the strands if they did tie them on. I'm kinda anal and I would have totally noticed that. I noticed that they left a few strands tangled together and during the ceremony, I itched to go over and fix them. It was only at the bottom of it though so I'm sure more people didn't notice.
The hubby and I brainstormed for a little bit before I started to hacksaw it, but we didn't come up with any better idea. There probably ARE better ideas, but cutting it worked for me.
Happily married since 2008