Photo

Seating - anyone used a large square setting?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 marip123

marip123
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:53 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has used a big square table? If so, how did it work for you? We were always thinking of rounds, but our guests don't fit nicely into rounds of 8, so we were considering one big square table.

Thanks a bunch!
    Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#2 Golden

Golden
    • 354 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

I am doing the sq setting, since we have 24 guest attending. I think the sq setting is a good way to keep guest apart of the wedding and every one can talk w/o going from table to table

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

steph, i have some photos from the westin of table set ups for a big square table! ill email it to you now.

#4 happyone

happyone
      • 223 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

I love the idea of a large square table. I wish I could swing it but I think I have too many guests.

#5 lilywu@ladhs.org

lilywu@ladhs.org
        • 57 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

I love the square setting seating. But it really depends how many guest you will have. I think it's nice if the party is no more than 30-40 people. that way, everyone can see the bride and groom and vice versa. If it's a round robin style, then you can arrange the dance floor in the middle and the guest can watch. It'll also give you a chance to learn to ball room dance.

#6 marip123

marip123
          • 211 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

We are at 33 people. We have decided on 2 tables, eight per side in an L shape. Finally confirmed last night! Yay!
            Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#7 Jenn

Jenn
            • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

We had 20 people and used a big rectangle - it worked great! It really kept everyone together instead of seperated. I loved it :)

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

search for NYJen's photos too, she had long tables and it looked awesome, if you need a little inspiration.

#9 BVP

BVP
              • 108 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

The large square setting is great if you have under 30 guests.... we have done weddings with this set-up and it is a really nice intimate setup because everyone can see each other and be completely engaged in the experience.

m :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users