• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by allaboutodd
    We are definitely trying to do something on the same budget as you. Some of the brides have easily spent 20k on a destination wedding and my whole plan was to do destination to save money and allow everyone to travel elsewhere. Where did you get your bouquets from? What kind of reception did you have? And how many people came to your wedding? Thanks so much, I don't know why I didn't utilize this forum earlier.
    My mom and her friend do silk flowers and they did it for me. I just showed them pics of stuff I liked and they made it in silk from real touch flowers. Here is the bouquet they made for me:
    Sorry to hijack.............

OMG 12 piece!!!! You're BACK!!! Ive been waiting for you! Can't wait to read your review and see pics! I'm going to hold my questions for later, cause you know i have a bunch!!
    I'm back! And it was the BEST TIME I've ever had in my entire life! I promise to post my review and pics as soon as possible!
    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#12 serena

serena
    • 114 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

I was planning on having the caprice package but have looked into it a lot more now have changed my mind to the free package, working out below.

Caprice wedding $2150
      Decs
      flowers b+g
      reception meal
      wedding cake
      3 bottles of sparkling wine
      24 pics and album
      massages
      room up grade
      breakfast in bed
      manicure and pedicure
      hair try out
      free gift
      minster fees

Extras
      chair covers 15pc = $195
      b/m flowers $60
      my hair $80

make up $40
      b/m hair $60
      steel band $250

Total = $2835

Free wedding $250
      minster fees
      decs
      flowers b+g
      reception meal
      wedding cake
      2 bottles sparkling wine
      free spa gift
      free gift

Extras
      Chair covers $15 pc = $195
      manicure and pedicure $70
      hair try out $40
      make up $40
      my hair $80
      b/m hair $60
      b/m flowers $60
      10 pics and album $180
      steel band $250

TOTAL = $1225

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by serena
        Hey lizz
        Where did you get the steel band quote from b/c i have it at $250 from the Riu??
        I'm pretty sure I got that amount from past brides. I just went on the RIU website and it says that it is $350 for the free wedding package for 2008: Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu

#14 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
        • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lizz
          I'm pretty sure I got that amount from past brides. I just went on the RIU website and it says that it is $350 for the free wedding package for 2008: Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu
          I paid $350 last week, totally worth it!
          See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#15 serena

serena
          • 114 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lizz
            i just looked and it says $250 did you maybe look at 2009 b/c thats showing $350?
            i'm trying to find my email with the steel band quote at $250!!

not long for us now could do with out them messing around with prices

#16 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by serena
              i just looked and it says $250 did you maybe look at 2009 b/c thats showing $350?
              i'm trying to find my email with the steel band quote at $250!!

not long for us now could do with out them messing around with prices
              No, I looked at the 2008 Free Wedding package. Maybe it's less expensive if you get another package?

#17 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

You can really customize the wedding packages at the ROR to suit your budget! We were fairly budget-conscious but did splurge on some items (gazebo decorations mostly!), here is a rough breakdown of what I did:

Civil Ceremony: $200
                Hair and Makeup: $140ish
                Upgraded decorations - beach gazebo (See pic): $412
                Aisle Runner: $45
                Aisle Markers - I had 4 of them: $85 each
                Bridesmaid Bouquets: $90
                Steel drum band: I think I paid $250 but it might have been $350 - didnt get an itemized receipt
                2 bottles of Champagne and Rum Punch for all guests: FREE
                Reception Dinner at Mammee Bay Steakhouse: FREE
                Cake: FREE and DELICIOUS!
                Disco Rental: $250
                Photography (used Michael) including and extra hour, 100 pics on CD and the DVD by videographer:
                $1120ish...

Total approximate: $2867 ish...!! :) Worth every penny!!

Click the image to open in full size.
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#18 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                • 302 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

Thanks everyone for writing out your budgets and what you actually spent on what!! This is a great thread, especially for new ROR bride planners! THanks!

#19 bsullivan2

bsullivan2
                  • 74 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

I agree! This thread is great! FI and I were talking about our budget tonight and we were trying to figure out what we want for the ceremony and reception. We are trying to keep that cost down because we are planning on paying for accomodations and flight for the maid of honor and the best man. We are planing to stay 9-10 nights, so the bulk of our money is going to be spent on travel!

#20 allaboutodd

allaboutodd
                    • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

twelve piece - What kind of music did they play? And YES, please send me their contact information for the flowers PLEASE?? Your bouquet was gorgeous and I really am leaning towards silk flowers especially for my hair.

im glad i started this thread too because you guys have already been so helpful as far as providing me with quotes. twelve piece, although you're now married PLEASE don't leave the forum. i feel like you may be able to help me a lot as far as getting this thing under a wrapped budget.

im excited but worried as far as this whole budget crisis and money spending thing goes.
                      http://i299.photobuc....allpicture.jpg

..Danny and Odyssey..
                      ..December 12, 2008..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users