• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:09 PM

Hi.
    Has anyone used Manuel Burgoin? Or have wedding pictures from him if you've already gotten married?
    When I go in Aug. to have FI visit site, I would like to meet with him....I checked out his website and he is a bit expensive but his pictures are beautiful.
    Thanks.
    Andrea

#2 mridgway

mridgway
    • 132 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

My WC suggested using him as well. I'd love to hear any first hand experiences also!

Melissa

#3 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
      • 163 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

I just returned and swear am going to post my pics this evening or tomorrow. We hired Manuel but for some reason ended up getting the other photographer he works with...Daniel something. If you look on their site weddingsinloscabos.com there is a link to his work. It is pretty much the same style and we felt he did a great job. He also charges a bit less but still expensive. Look out for my review which will get you some of his pics
        Jen & Aaron
        January 13, 2007

#4 mridgway

mridgway
        • 132 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:47 PM

Great--thanks Jen! Looking forward to seeing them! Also, how many hours did you use them? I know they have a 4 hour min., but didn't know if that was enough time or not. Andrea, how many hours are you thinking you'll book him for?

#5 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
          • 163 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

Andrea and Melissa-
            We only used him for 2 hours and it was $700 plus a wire transfer fee of $60. However, we also had Aaron's cousin who is a professional wedding photographer take quite a few more pictures before and after, especially of Aaron's family and of the reception/dance. Truthfully if you don't have someone else really good with you, I think you will need the 4 hours. And the larger your wedding party, the more time you will need. The photographer will probably spend 2 hours on just you and your husband alone.
            Jen & Aaron
            January 13, 2007

#6 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
            • 163 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

Oops, and by the way I posted some pics in a gallery and am getting access to our album through his website tomorrow.
              Jen & Aaron
              January 13, 2007

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

Manuel is a fantastic photographer...i think one of the top 3 in cabo...

a bride other then jengonda used him recently...who the heck was it...ugghhh brain fart. i'll remember and post back when i do

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

Thanks Jen and Tammy
                I'm not sure how long i'll have him at my wedding...I know on his website he offers different packages with different hours... Also I want to use him with video since he also does that sort of thing.
                Jen going to search for your review and pics...
                Thanks for your help
                Andrea

#9 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
                • 1,188 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:25 AM

He did some engagement shots for us while we were on our site visit in May. Nice guy, speaks great english - we book Juan for our wedding but would have choosen Manuel if Juan was already booked.
                  Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
                  http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#10 mridgway

mridgway
                  • 132 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for all the great info! Jen, can't wait to see your pics! I looked at the ones in your gallery and it looks like you had a beautiful wedding! Sarah - did Manuel take the picture of you and your FI on the beach? Thanks again!

Melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users