Photo

Ahr Invite

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Golden

Golden
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

My mom is giving us a AHR, not sure if I should include the Gift Registry info on the invite. See below. I do not like all the store inserts stuff with the invites. Since guest are asking, is it ok to add on the ahr invite?

The celebration continues
    with a Wedding Reception for
    xx & xx
    August 3, 2008
    3:00pm-6:00pm
    Location name
    Address
    City and State

Given By
    xx

RSVP
    By July 27

Gift Registry
    Macy's, Target & Z Gallerie,

#2 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:01 AM

I'd say leave off the gift registry on any invite. If people want to know where you're registered, they'll ask you or someone who knows.
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

you should leave the gift registry info off the invite. it looks like a gift grab otherwise. can you direct them to your wedding website instead, and put up a little section about your AHR, where there's also a link to your registries?

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

I agree with the all of the above. It is considered poor etiquette to print registry info on an invite.

We are including an enclosure card to direct guests to our website for "additional information" and to view photos so it doesn't sound like a plea for gifts.

If you don't have a website yet, there are tons of places where you can set them up for free. We did ours through eWedding.com and it was SUPER easy.

#5 MelanieS

MelanieS
        • 820 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Maura
          you should leave the gift registry info off the invite. it looks like a gift grab otherwise. can you direct them to your wedding website instead, and put up a little section about your AHR, where there's also a link to your registries?
          I completely agree that you shouldn't include the gift registry info on the invites. Off the subject, but Maura, I LOVE your new photo!

#6 Golden

Golden
          • 354 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
            I agree with the all of the above. It is considered poor etiquette to print registry info on an invite.

We are including an enclosure card to direct guests to our website for "additional information" and to view photos so it doesn't sound like a plea for gifts.

If you don't have a website yet, there are tons of places where you can set them up for free. We did ours through eWedding.com and it was SUPER easy.
            I have a website with the registry info,so I am good with that

#7 Celina

Celina
            • Banned
            • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

I agree, leave the registry info off of the invite.
              "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by timelsel
              I completely agree that you shouldn't include the gift registry info on the invites. Off the subject, but Maura, I LOVE your new photo!
              thanks melanie :)

btw, i put mandy's placecards in the mail this morning, she should get them in a couple days!

#9 MelanieS

MelanieS
              • 820 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura
                thanks melanie :)

btw, i put mandy's placecards in the mail this morning, she should get them in a couple days!
                Thanks! Email me your address and we'll get a check in the mail.
                selvey@mowisp.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users