Photo

veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#41 wkbroome

wkbroome
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

I'm debating that same issue right now. I bought one just in case. When I saw a wedding last year at Dreams Cancun, one thing that stood out for me was the veil that kept smacking the bride in the face (it's breezy back there and your back is to the ocean, facing your guests). The next day I ran into the bride on the beach and she said it was a major pain.

#42 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:58 PM

I don't think I am....I did at my first wedding. But, that was also in a Catholic church. I don't think the veil made me feel more "bridal" at all.

I have seen some very beautiful pictures ruined because the veil was in the bride's face. I think it's going to be too windy.

Oh, I don't know...maybe I will change my mind once I find a dress I like. I am so indecisive these days.

#43 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
      • 420 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

I thought that I was not going to, just a flower as well, but, those pictures are lovely, and it is exciting when they put them on you at the bridal shop! hmmmm, not sure.
        Margaret & Eric

#44 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

Hey Susan,

After reading Amy's recent review about not wearing a veil because it was windy at the Dreams Cancun gazebo, I wondered what I would do because I do want to wear a veil...

I just came across this little tidbit:

Prevent Fly-aways
          Secure tiny weights to your veil to prevent it from blowing in the breeze.
          Fishing weights are a great option because of their small size and you can spray-paint them to match your attire.

So I think I will try that and maybe remove them for pictures so it can blow around.

Click the image to open in full size.

#45 kay726

kay726
          • 218 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

I say wear a veil, especially if you have fallen in love with one. I had mine custom made at eBay Store - Veils: Bridal, Wedding, Mantilla. She is very good at creating the veil you want from a picture. She has a lot of her veils on auction for a decent price and you can customize them.

#46 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PaulaV
              Hey Susan,

After reading Amy's recent review about not wearing a veil because it was windy at the Dreams Cancun gazebo, I wondered what I would do because I do want to wear a veil...

I just came across this little tidbit:

Prevent Fly-aways
              Secure tiny weights to your veil to prevent it from blowing in the breeze.
              Fishing weights are a great option because of their small size and you can spray-paint them to match your attire.

So I think I will try that and maybe remove them for pictures so it can blow around.

Paula, I have been thinking about the same thing and didn't know what to do because I really want to wear one too! I'm going to have to try this!

#47 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jilly76
                Paula, I have been thinking about the same thing and didn't know what to do because I really want to wear one too! I'm going to have to try this!

Cool! You hit the alter before me, so let me know how it works for you!

#48 cessyboston

cessyboston
                • VIP Member
                • 2,096 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

i have notice that some girls where veils and some do not do you think a destination is to laid back for a veil?i love them but just wanted to know what you all think...its probably a personal choice.....let me know
                  Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#49 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

I think it is a personal choice. I actually wanted to wear a veil at first but when I found my dress and pictured where I was getting married I felt a veil would take away from my dress so I opted out.

#50 Karen

Karen
                    • 1,308 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

I definately think to veil or not to veil is up to the bride. My stepmom in law and one of my friends did not wear veils and they absolutely looked beautiful and bridal. I went back and forth about the veil as I was having an informal beach wedding. But I went with a very simple fingertip length blusher veil ($20 at Davids) because I knew my hubby would appreciate it and it made me feel oh so bridal. But thats me. It was a bit of a pain in the neck on the beach. It constantly blew in my face. Jay and i had to switch places during the ceremony and during pics due to it but I loved how I looked and it was great for pics. Keep in mind there are all sorts of styles and lengths of veils. So try a few but go with what you like. Don't get fenced in by whats too formal or not. Its your day, if you want cathedral length, go for it!!!!
                      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users