veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#21 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:38 PM

Wow Edyta! Your veil looks awesome with your dress:) Can't wait to see it in person!

#22 SusanK

• VIP Member
    • 2,685 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

So I never thought I'd wear a veil...just a flower, but I was channel surfing the other day and caught a show called "My Celebrity Wedding" on the Style network. On the show, they re-created Christina Aguilera's wedding for a lucky couple. Anyway, when I saw the bride's veil, I loved it...and for the first time thought I actually might want to wear one. I still definitely want a flower, and that's what I really loved about this veil and how it was worn. So what do you think? Should I go for it, just for the ceremony? Any ideas where I might find this veil or something very similiar?
      Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
      Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#23 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

I think it really depends on your dress (sorry I can't remember yours) For my dress I didn't think it worked well with a veil. But with that said, the one you posted above is very pretty.

#24 tvt

• VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

I was the same way! I never thought I wanted a veil until my friend tried one on and it gave me goose bumps seeing the "whole" picture. It looked complete and more bridal to me.

I say go for the veil!! You can always take it off if it bugs you.

#25 Adamsgrrl

• 466 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

Try this:

#26 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

I had my veil custom ordered, i didn't want to spend a ton of $$ on it, and i had seen one i liked and had them replicate it. you could ask these people for a quote ...

#27 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

I agree with Tara. I never wanted a veil before. I just thought they got in the way lol. Then, I was out trying on dresses, and the veil always made it look and feel complete. There are a lot of different styles and lengths that you can get. You can have them custom made if you can't find what you like. Seriously, who'd have thought there would be so many options for veils? lol. I'd say go for it. If you decide on the day of that you don't want it, then just ditch it! Can't be done the other way around!
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#28 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:16 PM

I am wearing a veil. I never planned on it but when they put it on me in the bridal shop my mom practically cried... so in the end I paid way more than I wanted to for my veil (the one that matches my dress) for my mom. But I'm happy about it - I think it's very pretty.

I'm still wearing flowers in my hair as well:
                  Click the image to open in full size.

Anyway my vote it wear it!
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#29 LisaG

• VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

I was only going to wear a flower, but now I've been throwing around the idea of both. I really like the flower and veil in the pics above!!!

#30 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

I think you should wear the veil and the flower. I was debating the same issue and decided to wear both too. The veil looks so nice in photos.
                      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users