veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#261 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

I knew for sure I was wearing a flower - but I was undecided with the veil. At the last minute I borrowed my friends veil just to have it with me in case I wanted it and I'm so glad that I did!! Like someone earlier said, it really made me feel like a bride! It was the best last minute decision I made!

So, maybe have it as an option "just in case"!!

#262 richarsd

richarsd
    • 331 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:32 PM

Veil and hair flower. At first I didn't want a veil because I thought they were too traditional for me so was just gonna go with the flower. But I've decided to wear my hair back and I'll have the flower sort of off to the side a bit and I have a really long, flowy veil (I think it's chiffon) that I'll wear low at the nape of my neck. I plan to lose it for the reception though.

#263 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
      • 74 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:52 AM

No veil for me! The beach can get windy and with my very fine hair I can see it ending up in the sea! Plus my dress has a really pretty back, so I don't really want anything to cover it.
        I'm just going to go with flowers and maybe some of those really cute diamond hair clips!

#264 Mischaka

Mischaka
        • 969 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:37 AM

I just think it depends on what you really want. To me with doing a destination wedding all the traditions are out the door. So if you want to do a veil then do it!! if not, get a flower or the birdcage veil. I didn't want to do the veil but I think I will only for my MIL. but i'm still gonna have my flower.

#265 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
          • 426 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

I went with a veil. it was gorgeous and made me feel more like a bride! It was windy though so it didn't last too long...

#266 loua4

loua4
            • 397 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:04 AM

I am not wearing one. It will be to hot and probably annoying to add another layer of something on my body.

#267 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
              • 829 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

I am still undecided -- I go back and forth about wearing a veil. I never really wanted to, but now that I am getting closer, I do feel that it will complete the "bride"look. That being said, I can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on somethign I'm not 100% about!! bahh.

#268 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
                • 349 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

VEIL!!!! I was not going to do one but my BFF told me it was a big regret of her not wearing one in her wedding. It is the only day of your life you will be able to wear one and it really does make you feel like a bride!!! (I did both a tiara and veil).
                  WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#269 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                  • Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

im going to merge this thread with a veil thread we have already had and added to for quite some time now.

#270 hat0112

hat0112
                  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

I am actually doing 2 veils and a tiara! Both veils are very thin and only one layer each. One veil is a cathedral length and I always wanted one so I put it on and I couldn’t say no. The second goes to my finger tips and had a gold embroidery that matches my dress so I didn’t want to say no to that one either. And I feel in love with the tiara. The tiara is small and not very big so it doesn’t look like too much on me and the veils actually look like one piece instead of two.

For the wind issue (which I heard Aruba has a lot of) I am getting that Hollywood wedding tape and taping the veil to me so it doesn’t blow around and stays where it should while I am wearing it. It is only staying on for the ceremony and half the pictures, but I don’t want to play around with it. I am only going to wear the tiara all night.
                    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users