Photo

veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#241 tinalv

tinalv
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

I'm also torn about this! So glad I found this thread. I think a veil looks really good with your hair down (or at least half down), but I kind of wanted to wear my hair up and I don't like the way veils look with full updos. Also even though I think veils are really pretty, it might be a bit too traditional for me. Flowers definitely say "beach wedding" in my opinion!

#242 mnh1983

mnh1983
    • 743 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

I'm not wearing a veil. I am going to do some sort of sparkly barrette on the side and have my hair down. FI wants me to wear a veil, but I refuse!

#243 jodieP

jodieP
      • 278 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

Im completely undecided yet if i will have a veil yet or not? So i was wondering what the rest of you are wearing?

Veil?

Flowers?

Tiara?

Im over whelmed with all the choices??

Thanks

Jodie.xx
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/ZxiGp1.png

24 Booked plus bride & groom

#244 DAP8479

DAP8479
        • Site Supporter
        • 61 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:33 PM

I know how you feel! I am going to wear a white orchid in my hair since it get's really windy on the beach and I don't want to be fussing with a veil while saying my vows.

#245 Princess402

Princess402
          • 737 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

If you search this category for "veil" you will find quite a few threads on this topic and tons of posts!

(me, I'm pretty sure I'll be rocking a veil AND a hair flower)

#246 roxyqt

roxyqt
            • 165 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

I bought a hair flower that I knew for sure I was going to wear, I too was undecided on a veil, so I decided to purchase a inexpensive veil to try with my dress. I figured if I didn't like it I could use it for my bachelorette party :). I LOVED it!!! ... not to mention I only paid $16 for my hand-made veil ($21 after shipping).
              Here is the link to my Etsy made veil...
              Dream Veils by MARISOLAPARICIO on Etsy

#247 tinalv

tinalv
              • 52 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

I struggled with this also and finally decided to go without a veil.. it's pretty but too traditional for a beach wedding in my opinion

#248 cross

cross
                • 198 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

I am struggling with this same issue. I bought a veil, but now I am trying to decide if I want flowers or a head ribbon. Too many choices!!!

#249 mimi73

mimi73
                  • 282 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:45 AM

I am going to wear a hair flower. It really is tough to make a decision though, so many gorgeous options available. For me, the simpler the better, I have heard it can be windy so I don't want to worry about a veil blowing in my face in all the photos.
                    http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#250 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
                    • 2,727 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:52 AM

Im weaing a diamond head ribbon that matches the jewelry ill be wearing...i decided that a veil was wayy to traditional and really didnt go with me and my unique dress...
                      He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                      My Planning Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users