veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#221 cbell

• 475 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

I wore a flower and a veil for the ceremony and pics but during the pics took the veil off. Well the wind contributed to that decision but that way I had pics both with and without.

#222 SMB&CRZ

• 165 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

I always thought I was just going to wear a nice big flower in my hair and was xing the veil. But when I went to pick my dress up I tried it on with a veil and I really like it. I think I'll wear it during the ceremony and ditch it for the reception.

#223 MSG518

• 109 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

I agree...veil (possibly birdcage) for the ceremony and flower for the reception!

#224 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

just flowers or a headband for me

#225 marny61

• 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

My daughter finally decided to go with a long veil - hoping that it won't blow in the wind and ruin her pictures. She looks beautiful in it but won't be putting it over her face, only coming out of the back of her bun.

#226 sam33

• 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hi Ladies

I had the same dilemma, but i think i have decided that i will buy a veil so that i have the option to either wear it or not wear it. If i dont buy one i will want one !!!

#227 *HOLLY*

• Banned
              • 3,639 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:45 AM

I am still on the fence.
                If I wear my hair all up I will have the veil with my hair flower.
                If I wear my hair in a half up do then no veil just the flower.

#228 Positanobride10

• 205 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

Hi. I am in the same boat as many of you. I am torn between wearing a veil and not wearing a veil. I am getting married in a civil ceremony where it is not customary to wear one. But I think I may want one...Here is my dress. I will be wearing my hair half up with curls. Anyone have any suggestions? Click the image to open in full size.
                  Click the image to open in full size.

As for those getting married in windy locations, paint fishing weights white and sew them into the inside of the seam to keep it down.

#229 Emmers

• 178 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

I'm just going with a flower. The bridal consultant I worked with when trying on dresses told me about her destination wedding and that the wind is always an issue when you're down on the beach. If that is the case, the veil is all over the place in all of your pictures.

#230 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

I don't really want a veil. I do want to wear a flower though. my MIL is insisting me to wear one..lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users