Photo

veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#181 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

I agree with everyone who said that their veil makes them "feel more like a bride". I was concerned about wind, too, so I will be having my ceremony further away from the water at a gazebo, so that I am not fighting the veil during the entire ceremony! (Nothing says "I love you, honey!" than by being preoccupied by your rogue veil whipping about your face during your vows, huh?!)

When I change into my 2nd dress for the reception, I will lose the veil and be doing a flower in my hair, so I'll have a little bit of both worlds!

#182 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

I am not wearing a veil. This is my 2nd marriage and I did for the first. I will be wearing my hair up probably with flower and some sort of sparkly starfish.
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#183 blushingbride

blushingbride
      • 366 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

No veil for me. I will only be wearing a flower in my hair.

#184 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

I'm now thinking about a birdcage veil....

Click the image to open in full size.

#185 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
          • 856 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

After going dress shopping this weekend; I plan on wearing a veil and a tiara. It completed the "look".

#186 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

petals i love that look! And I just saw that you are getting married in two days, yay!!

I think I am going to go no veil. I do love the look of the veil. And I love the veil flying in the wind in pictures but I just don't want to spend a couple hundred dollars on something I would only wear for an hour. I would rather splurge on my purse or shoes or something. Maybe thats dumb?! So no veil it is (for now!) :)

#187 CrystalM

CrystalM
              • 829 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by cdnvb9
                I would rather splurge on my purse or shoes or something.
                My vote is for a new purse and shoes

I'm going with no veil or flowers. I considered the veil but I didn't think it looked right with my dress. Flowers are a no because I would blue, and there are very few true blue (not purple-ish) flowers.
                I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#188 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                • Vendor
                • 2,782 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

Veils look very good on pictures. If you already have one, you can still bring it with you and use it for maybe a TTD session. Long veil + wind=instant good photo :)

#189 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
                  • 327 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

I'm still trying to decide. I love veils. I love the birdcage kind especially. but i'm wearing my hair down, so I don't know if a birdcage veil would work with that style.

#190 ACH2009

ACH2009
                    • 330 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

I actually ended up ordering a birdcage veil and got it in the mail yesterday. You can pretty much wear one with any hair style. I ordered it from Birdcage Veil - Birdcage Veils. If you go on their site you can check out the photo gallery and get an idea of how it would look with different hair styles!
                      Our Pro Pic slideshow by Tammy B Photography
                      http://www.tammybpho...index2.php?v=v1

Our Pro Pic slideshow by Melissa Green Photographyhttp://www.melissagr....php#/featured/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users