Photo

veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#151 karahmia

karahmia
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

I think if you go the route of lucky girl with the flower and veil it will be very beautiful!

#152 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
    • Banned
    • 494 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

When I was trying on dresses I knew I didn't want a big satin/silk traditional gown. Mainly because I am having a beach ceremony and I wanted to look like a beach bride not a church bride. So while trying on dress, which I love dresses, I never got that WOW I am going to be a bride in this dress feeling. UNTIL>>>>>>> They placed a veil on my head. I got butterflies. I almost started crying. The veil changed the whole dress. I literally am not a dramatic person but once the veil went on, I then saw myself as a bride.

Do the veil. But be prepared with flowers or a beautiful hair piece for when the veil comes off.

Best
      Kathy

#153 meagan

meagan
      • 133 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by K&Rwedding
        When I was trying on dresses I knew I didn't want a big satin/silk traditional gown. Mainly because I am having a beach ceremony and I wanted to look like a beach bride not a church bride. So while trying on dress, which I love dresses, I never got that WOW I am going to be a bride in this dress feeling. UNTIL>>>>>>> They placed a veil on my head. I got butterflies. I almost started crying. The veil changed the whole dress. I literally am not a dramatic person but once the veil went on, I then saw myself as a bride.

Do the veil. But be prepared with flowers or a beautiful hair piece for when the veil comes off.

Best
        Kathy

I completely agree! The veil changed the whole look. I love my dress, but when they put the veil on it was complete. AHHHHH I can't wait!

#154 42010bride

42010bride
        • 91 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

I am wearing a flower and a fingertip length veil I love that look.

#155 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
          • 177 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KARLA
            When I was planning out what to wear, I debated about the veil, since I had already chosen the flowers for my hair. I took the flowers into the bridal salon when I got my dress and one of the ladies working there brought over a veil and stuck it underneath my makeshift bun. It ended up looking really nice.
            I only used the veil during the ceremony.

It was a bit hard to find pics that showed the veil and the flowers really well. Most of the professional pics show the front of me.

Here is a pic during the ceremony which shows how the small veil tucked under my hair worked really well with the flowers. Also, since the veil was pretty short, it did not fly all around with the breeze.

Click the image to open in full size.

And here's a pic from the back.
            Click the image to open in full size.

Hope this helps you guys out! I saw buy the flowers if you are set on them, and then try it on at home with a small veil see how it looks.
            I really love your flowers for your hair...where did you get them?
            Engaged: December 25, 2007
            Married: February 4, 2009
            Wedding Destination: Cuba
            Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
            http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#156 cendcar

cendcar
            • 163 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

Karla,
              I love your veil and congrats on being able to pull off both veil and flower--it looks great.

Ladies, I am getting married in a little over a month and I need a veil. I don't want to buy one for $200 so I was wondering if anyone here is selling one. My dress is lacey with a satin sash.
              David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns VW9340 Beaded lace trumpet with godet inserts at skirt hem and charmeuse sash.

If any of you have a veil for sale that you think might work with the dress, please let me know. (you can send me a PM)

Mods- Is there anyway you can post this in the main "attire" section? I thought I was tech savy until I found this forum...there are so many tech tricks I have yet to learn.

Thanks!

#157 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

Karla isn't really on much, so hopefully she posted a thread with all her goodies in it. I'll try to search for it.

Carina- I'd suggest occanseydesigns.com You can custom order and they are super fast. Tons of girls have ordered their veils there- including me. Mine was 60" long with scattered sead beads and I got it for $40 or so.
                Happily married since 2008

#158 sstotz

sstotz
                • 298 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

I didnt think I wanted one until i saw some of the pictures.. now im in the same boat! I have nooo idea what im going to end up wearing..
                  ~Soon to be Shanny May
                  June 20th, 2009
                  Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#159 sstotz

sstotz
                  • 298 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

I didnt think I wanted one until i saw some of the pictures.. now im in the same boat! I have nooo idea what im going to end up wearing..
                    ~Soon to be Shanny May
                    June 20th, 2009
                    Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#160 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sstotz
                      Now I feel the same way!! A veil was never an option for me before; but now I am considering one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users