Sign in to follow this  
SPRINGBRIDE

veil or no veil-that is the question

I wore a flower and a veil for the ceremony and pics but during the pics took the veil off. Well the wind contributed to that decision but that way I had pics both with and without.

I always thought I was just going to wear a nice big flower in my hair and was xing the veil. But when I went to pick my dress up I tried it on with a veil and I really like it. I think I'll wear it during the ceremony and ditch it for the reception.

My daughter finally decided to go with a long veil - hoping that it won't blow in the wind and ruin her pictures. She looks beautiful in it but won't be putting it over her face, only coming out of the back of her bun.

Hi Ladies

I had the same dilemma, but i think i have decided that i will buy a veil so that i have the option to either wear it or not wear it. If i dont buy one i will want one !!!

I am still on the fence.

If I wear my hair all up I will have the veil with my hair flower.

If I wear my hair in a half up do then no veil just the flower.

Hi. I am in the same boat as many of you. I am torn between wearing a veil and not wearing a veil. I am getting married in a civil ceremony where it is not customary to wear one. But I think I may want one...Here is my dress. I will be wearing my hair half up with curls. Anyone have any suggestions? Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

As for those getting married in windy locations, paint fishing weights white and sew them into the inside of the seam to keep it down.

I'm just going with a flower. The bridal consultant I worked with when trying on dresses told me about her destination wedding and that the wind is always an issue when you're down on the beach. If that is the case, the veil is all over the place in all of your pictures.