jarauz
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

Great Job. They Look Wonderful

#32 stefnicole

stefnicole
    • 544 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

I love your rsvp card...I may have to steal that idea!

#33 lizcolgin

lizcolgin
      • 60 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

I have to tell you that I am beyond impressed with what you did. I pretty much dissmissed the idea of doing the passport b/c of how difficult they look but I have to thank you for all of your info. All I have to say is...WOW!

#34 lizcolgin

lizcolgin
        • 60 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:02 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mel
          Here is our boarding pass STDs. We used a brass plate to emboss the ticket holder. It was a big pain but I think they turned out good and gave a very unique look to the front. We changed personalized each name on every pass we sent out and changed the departure city to match each person's departure place. These were a lot of work. We only include this info. We didn't really know anything else and there aren't enough people to book rooms so we didn't include any of that kind of info.

Front
          Click the image to open in full size.
          once open it up
          Boarding Pass
          Did you use specific fonts for these? Where did you find your map for the STD's?

#35 Mel

Mel
          • 141 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

Thanks, I'm glad that you are thinking you can do them. Honestly they aren't that hard. The worst part is cutting them out. And we personalized every pass we sent out with their name and departure city, so that took a while but not really necessary.

We did not use any special fonts, just Edwardian Script ITC. As for the map...google! Just start typing in words into google images. Don't get frustrated if you can't find it right away. They are out there is just takes some time to find them. I found "old map+Mexico" worked best. If you find the map you want but don't like the colors, try to import it into Word or into some office program and play with the "format pictures button." There is a way that you can make the entire picture monochromatic and yellow is an option, so if you want the distressed look you can play with this and get it the way you want.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions! Have fun!!!!!

#36 bride2b-mexico2010

bride2b-mexico2010
            • 37 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:45 PM

wow your STD's and invites are simply amazing!!!
              I only hope mine will turn out half as good as yours

#37 lizcolgin

lizcolgin
              • 60 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

OK, I have another question for you... I was wondering if you printing this type of "antique" look on the white paper. Did you use the ink or did you find the paper? If you found the paper, where did you find it? Thanks for all of your info and you make this so easy!

#38 chonee

chonee
                • 66 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

Mel - everything looks great! Good job!!

#39 electracity017

electracity017
                  • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Those are fantastic, great job!

#40 Mel

Mel
                    • 141 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lizcolgin
                      OK, I have another question for you... I was wondering if you printing this type of "antique" look on the white paper. Did you use the ink or did you find the paper? If you found the paper, where did you find it? Thanks for all of your info and you make this so easy!
                      No problem. For both the STD and the Passport we printed everything right onto the white paper. I didn't even try to find paper that would work, but I'm sure it would if you found the one you wanted. I already had a ton of white card stock so I didn't see a point in buying more paper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users