Photo

My Bridesmaids' Gifts

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 shannon

shannon
  • 772 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

oh my god- everything looks awesome!! so creative!!you did an amazing job!!

#22 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

Great job!

#23 happyone

happyone
      • 223 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

Oh my goodness, everything looks terrific!! I want to know how you made the barefoot sandals too. Very nice.

#24 monicaswave

monicaswave
        • 450 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mel
          Target for $2.50. We found them in the dollar area.

It is actually pretty easy. I just printed a bunch of pics that I found in clip art or on the internet and taped them to the inside of the glass. I tried to keep things simple so there wasn't a lot of detail to mess up. Then I just worked down the rows and made sure where I was going to paint next there wasn't one still wet. The paint dries quick enough that after you get a few done you can rub across it and it won't smear.

Wow they look amazing! That is such a good idea about taping the clipart to the inside. I was thinking that your glasses were so cute and wanted to steal the idea but I was sad because I am not very good at drawing but I think I may be able to do it if I copy over a picture....thanks!!!

#25 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

Everything is so cute!!!! I love the glasses!

#26 Mel

Mel
            • 141 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:50 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by happyone
              Oh my goodness, everything looks terrific!! I want to know how you made the barefoot sandals too. Very nice.
              I used two pieces of elastic wiring (it wasn't actually wire, but I don't know what else to call it, it was stretchy stuff). Then I used a size 7 seed bead in two colors. I just started beading and created my pattern. I made the "square" teal color pattern by placing each of the sets of thread in one direction and the other through the opposite direction then pulled tight. Then I put one bead on each set of threads and then repeated the first part by threading in opposite directions. I have to make one more pair, so I will take pictures as I go to give you a better idea. I'm sure this makes no sense at all!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by monicaswave
              Wow they look amazing! That is such a good idea about taping the clipart to the inside. I was thinking that your glasses were so cute and wanted to steal the idea but I was sad because I am not very good at drawing but I think I may be able to do it if I copy over a picture....thanks!!!
              I'm lazy. I can't somewhat draw, but this was way easier. Just remember to keep the patterns simple or else you will get lost and will have to draw in your own details.

#27 jessyg20

jessyg20
              • 263 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:52 AM

I like your bags!
                Great stuff!
                Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
                http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
                Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#28 Cali

Cali
                • 281 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:38 AM

everything looks nice & creative!!you did an amazing job...Love the tote Bag

when did u get them?

#29 Celina

Celina
                  • Banned
                  • 2,811 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

OMG Mel - I LOVE those bags! I really like what you did with the glasses and the barefoot jewlery came out great!

You did an amazing job!
                    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#30 Princess402

Princess402
                    • 737 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

WOW this stuff is great! I'm very jealous of all you crafty women out there because the things at your wedding will be so unique... maybe I will have to start tapping into my crafty side (if I have one! lol).

Your bridesmaids are going to love these!
                      And I also think it's super cute that you have "bride" stuff for yourself =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users