Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

I think I would just send a mass email out with the update. Its still pretty far out that people can change their plans.

#12 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

Ok I don't mean to be ignorant, but is this a Canadian thing? I can't believe all the departure flights are booked 10 months in advance. We didn't even book our wedding travel that early! Most of my guests didn't even book their travel until about 4 months prior.

I agree about sending out an email update. If they don't have email, maybe create some card for those you need to mail it to.
    Happily married since 2008

#13 heather007

heather007
    • 620 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

LoL- I think it might be Canadian thing. We managed to call our parents, who are calling all the aunts and uncles, and we called our friends, so the majority of people now know.

LoL.

Oh the drama of bookings.
      **I'm so glad that I went with group bookings.

~~

#14 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
      • 413 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

LOL, Rachel, it most definitely is a Canadian thing - especially if you are from Saskatchewan.

There are very few charters that fly from here to various destinations from Mid-December to Mid-March:

2 charters per week that go to Cancun
        2 that go to PV
        1 to Huatulco
        1 to Jamaica
        2 to Cuba
        2 to Puerto Plata
        2 to Punta Cana

Lots of people (not just wedding couples) book their winter holidays a year in advance to guarantee they have a seat on the charter. They don't like connecting flights through Calgary or Toronto, they want to step on the plane here and get off at their destination. There are lots of people that do leave it to the last minute, but often they are left disappointed because they do sell out - and prime dates (most of February and Christmas) sell out by August.

It's crazy!

Lindsay

#15 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

Wow. That's crazy. Is Saskatchewan on the west coast? I think I saw that on our drive to Whistler. Or it was some other unprounceable S name. I feel for you Canadian girls then.

#16 heather007

heather007
          • 620 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

LMAO!!!!

Saskatchewan is a HUGE province above North Dakota, it's in the middle of Canada.

http://www.craigmarl....ds/map_pol.jpg

Too cute!!!!

~~

#17 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
            • 235 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

lol...Rachel I think you're thinking of Squamish.

Heather, that's horrible. Hopefully everyone is able to make the date change work!

#18 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

Oh ya. Squamish. I saw that they had a small community college there. We were ready to transfer after the wild trip we had in Whistler.

haha and thanks for the map. I'm not only ignorant of Canadian provinces but also my own states. hehe

#19 heather007

heather007
                • 620 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

LoL, that's okay, I'm used to it. I don't know all the states for sure, it's funny.

~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users