Photo

Received photos - need advice

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

I would definitely tell the Photog you are not happy - you did not ask for these enhancements nor were you told. You should be getting the photos exactly as you proofed the. Just out of curioustiy, i am dying to see some - who is the Photog?

#12 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

Like everyone else has been saying tell her you appreciate what she has done, but you prefer to have the pictures RAW. Don't feel bad about talking to her the art is on the photography itself. Not everyone likes to use filters on their photos.

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

Oh, thats a vignette. I thought she put full blown frames on them.

But, I still think if you don't like it you should get reprints.

I wouldn't want RAW images printed though. It's nice to have some photoshopping.

#14 Saraha

Saraha
        • 2,597 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

Yes, do say something. This is not what you wanted. You are paying for a service and what you saw online was what you thought you were getting.

#15 Jessica

Jessica
          • VIP Member
          • 11,939 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            Oh, thats a vignette. I thought she put full blown frames on them.

But, I still think if you don't like it you should get reprints.

I wouldn't want RAW images printed though. It's nice to have some photoshopping.
            Ditto. Yeah, I was totally picturing snapfish style frames. Vingnette's can be pretty, but if it's not something you want, you should tell her!

#16 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

You have to take the personal out of this. It is a business transaction. You paid for a service and did not get the product you expected to pay for. Would you have trouble saying something if your dress had been the wrong one or if the pizza guy delivered the wrong pizza?

As a business owner, I really appreciate constructive critisism. If you don't say something, it will fester and become a bigger problem. You don't want to think AGH! everytime you look at your wedding photos. And, things will happen like this posting. You aren't happy so you tell us, not the vendor. This kind of feedback will not only help you get what you want, but also help her in the future. She will know now to either edit the photos before posting them or to offer the effects as an option.

You don't have to be mean about it, just simply tell her you love her work and loved the proofs, but the printed product was not what you expected. Would she need to reprint all of them or just some?

#17 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

I would definitely let her know how you're feeling and ask her to reprint them. Ultimately you're paying her for a service, and if she's not providing it to your liking, or editing it without prior consultation, then you have every right to ask her to reprint them. She's a professional so she shouldn't be offended. Don't feel bad at all, this is your wedding, your photos and you paid for it all.

#18 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:43 AM

You should let her know how you feel. Pictures are the only thing you have really after the day is over and you pay good money you should get quality work.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#19 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                • 1,634 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:59 AM

Pictures are the part of a wedding that you really want to be perfect, and like most people, probably took the biggest part out of your budget! Defo say something, it might make the photographer decide to ask future customers if they want the photo's raw or with effects in future!

Good Luck!!

#20 FYB87

FYB87
                  • 976 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

I haven't read the other post. However, I would call her and tell her very politely your concerns. I'm sure she will understand. After all they are you wedding photos and should be exactly what you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users