Photo

Starfish Passing Thread

• Please log in to reply
1448 replies to this topic

#191 1sunshine

1sunshine
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:53 AM

Hello ladies!! I know i am kind of late but is there someone out there that has a starfish that i can borrow, my wedding is on november 12 on Kapalua, maui, i live on the 9th and i can send it UPS next day!

Thanks!

#192 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by itsfinallyhere
      mc5363, Thank-you very much, unfortunately I am getting married in Cuba not Mexico. I am leaving Toronto on the 12th of November. If one does not become available could somebody please tell where I can find a blue one. I have only been able to find a white one. Then I too could pass one on.
      If you are able to get a blue one and are willing to lend out, would you please let me know? I am getting married Dec 31 in Jamaica. I promise I will take good care of your starfish :)

#193 crazyldy

crazyldy
      • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

I don't understand the starfish idea

#194 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
        • 573 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

I would be happy to lend it out if I could find one. I have had no luck. I have found white, yellow, and pick. But no Blue! I have checked ebay and contacted one person but they do not do blue. If anyone can tell me where to find one that wold be awesome. Thanks

#195 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
          • 573 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

The starfish is being passed around to take care of the "...something borrowed, something blue"[

#196 xxashleyxx007

xxashleyxx007
            • 227 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

This is such a great idea. I don't know why I never thought of it before.

#197 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
              • 573 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

MegaShay thank-you so much. I will order one today!

#198 Debbi803

Debbi803
                • 108 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 24, 2009
                • Wedding Location:Herrington Harbor Marina, MD

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

Okay, either I missed something along the way or I just can't find it....could someone explain this tradition? I get bits and pieces of it I think....there are multiple starfish going to DW with brides......"she" (the starfish??) sends postcards to the next bride she is being passed to What does she look like? How big? Does she "rest" in the bride's bouquet?

#199 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
                • 336 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:57 AM

I really love this idea and I am having a really hard time with the something borrowed. I am getting married Jan 5th (leaving Toronto on the 3rd back on the 17th) If there is one available in this time frame I would LOVE it. Thanks girls, let me know...
                  Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
                  http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
                  http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#200 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

WOW This thread has really taken off!

Here is the current list:
                    1) phillybride09 - june 24 - dreams cancun
                    2) kathleenanddan - july 17 - beaches boscobel, jamaica
                    3) jacilynda - august 8 - akumal, mexico
                    4) marryinghimagain - october 15 - dreams puerto aventuras
                    5) meli122 - november 7 - royal, playa del carmen
                    6) angruck- December 12- Dreams tulum
                    7)cdnvb9- December 29- Dreams Huatulco
                    8 )kpuckrin- January 12- BlueBeard's Beach, St. Thomas
                    9) ebredhawk- April 28- Dreams Punta Cana

Unfortunately we only have one starfish right now and he's white! Lisa posted a pic of him in her bouquet on page 5.

Some of you have mentioned your confused. The starfish is being passed around first come first serve. He has a journal w/ him to document where he has gone and done. Its a fun thing for the BDW girls and also covers a something borrowed! When the bride comes home she sends him to the next girl.

If someone had one they were ok w/ sending around that would be really great. Just cause he's in such high demand and we have alot of overlapping of dates.

Some of you were looking for a blue one, here is one i found: Starfish Bouquet Jewelry - 3 colors

imppearl- the 3 girls at the end of Dec and beginning of Jan are really close together and having friends/family send him so its a tight squeeze. Maybe we can get another one going soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users