Photo

Starfish Passing Thread

• Please log in to reply
1448 replies to this topic

#1271 Kathie

Kathie
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hi Jmikla. I just mailed it yeserday. Let me know when it arrives please.

Our wedding was awesome and the starfish looked beautiful in my bouquet. After taking pictures on the beach someone noticed it was missing and we were frantic looking for it. Long story short - it turned up out of nowhere on the beach days later. It was on one of the palapas we had and noone knew where it came from. Someone must have found it but I don't know how they knew who it belonged to. Needless to say I was very relieved! I hope it brings you as much happiness that it brought me. Have a great time and try to remember every second. I have almost no recollection of my wedding, it seems like a blur right now.

Kathie

#1272 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
    • 614 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

holy cow - is that the SECOND time this starfish has been lost and found?? crazy...

Originally Posted by Kathie 

Hi Jmikla. I just mailed it yeserday. Let me know when it arrives please.

Our wedding was awesome and the starfish looked beautiful in my bouquet. After taking pictures on the beach someone noticed it was missing and we were frantic looking for it. Long story short - it turned up out of nowhere on the beach days later. It was on one of the palapas we had and noone knew where it came from. Someone must have found it but I don't know how they knew who it belonged to. Needless to say I was very relieved! I hope it brings you as much happiness that it brought me. Have a great time and try to remember every second. I have almost no recollection of my wedding, it seems like a blur right now.

Kathie

#1273 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
      • 860 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Sorry ladies but I think it's the end of the line for my starfish.

Tiffany (Islandgirl910) sent the starfish to Rasheda (futuremrstgun), and Rasheda confirmed she received it and actually sent me a pic before she left for her wedding, but I have been unable to get a hold of her since and have not received the starfish from her.

Rasheda, if you are on here please get in touch, so many other girls on here looking forward to receiving the little guy and reading the journal. I've passed this to 6 girls and just as it was about to come to me for my own wedding I would be gutted to find it's gone missing. Please help get the little guy and journal back on track.

Good luck to all on here, and hope we get this starfish and journal back to keep going .......

Joanne's BLUE Starfish Passing  
        Bride's Name Location Resort Wedding Destination Travel Dates Travel Completed?
        Lisadias Canada Now Jade Riviera Riviera Maya, Mexico April 22nd - April 30th 2011 Yes
        Mrsrice11 NJ, USA Iberostar Rosehall Montego Bay, Jamaica June 10th - June 18th 2011 Yes
        scali715 Boston, MA ? Punta Cana, Dominican Rep July 13th -July 20th 2011 Yes
        Mrssylvester2b Pittsburgh, PA ? Turks & Caicos August 6th - August 13th 2011 Yes
        Islandgirl910 Yonkers, NY Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay, Jamaica September 6th - September 17th 2011 Yes
        futuremrstgun San Antonio, TX Iberostar Rosehall Beach  Montego Bay, Jamaica October 6th - October 16th 2011 Yes
        JoanneIreland Ireland & Boston Barcelo Maya Palace Riviera Maya, Mexico November 14th - November 20th 2011 No
        MichCraw Montreal Majestic Colonial  Punta Cana, Dominican Rep December 3rd - December 16th  No
        celticgirl Ontario, Canada ? Jamaica January 4th - January 11th 2012 No
        SummerDawn Canada ? Cancun, Mexico April 15th - April 22nd 2012 No
        Spaterson ? ? ? May 2012?  No
        Bojanglesgirl         MN Moon Palace Cancun, Mexico July 14th - July 24th 2012 No
        deesanders33 Houston, Texas Paradisus Punta Cana Punta Cana, Dominican Rep August 8th - August 18th 2012 No
        charitydawn Moncton NB GBP Bavaro Punta Cana, Dominican Rep November 17th - November 24th  No

#1274 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
        • 614 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

: ( I live in Austin, TX. Lemme know if you need me to go down to San Antonio and get it... ; )

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

Tiffany (Islandgirl910) sent the starfish to Rasheda (futuremrstgun), and Rasheda confirmed she received it and actually sent me a pic before she left for her wedding, but I have been unable to get a hold of her since and have not received the starfish from her.

Rasheda, if you are on here please get in touch, so many other girls on here looking forward to receiving the little guy and reading the journal. I've passed this to 6 girls and just as it was about to come to me for my own wedding I would be gutted to find it's gone missing. Please help get the little guy and journal back on track.

Good luck to all on here, and hope we get this starfish and journal back to keep going .......

Lisadias Canada Now Jade Riviera Riviera Maya, Mexico April 22nd - April 30th 2011 Yes
          Mrsrice11 NJ, USA Iberostar Rosehall Montego Bay, Jamaica June 10th - June 18th 2011 Yes
          Mrssylvester2b Pittsburgh, PA ? Turks & Caicos August 6th - August 13th 2011 Yes
          Islandgirl910 Yonkers, NY Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay, Jamaica September 6th - September 17th 2011 Yes
          futuremrstgun San Antonio, TX Iberostar Rosehall Beach  Montego Bay, Jamaica October 6th - October 16th 2011 Yes
          JoanneIreland Ireland & Boston Barcelo Maya Palace Riviera Maya, Mexico November 14th - November 20th 2011 No
          MichCraw Montreal Majestic Colonial  Punta Cana, Dominican Rep December 3rd - December 16th  No
          Bojanglesgirl         MN Moon Palace Cancun, Mexico July 14th - July 24th 2012 No
          deesanders33 Houston, Texas Paradisus Punta Cana Punta Cana, Dominican Rep August 8th - August 18th 2012 No
          charitydawn Moncton NB GBP Bavaro Punta Cana, Dominican Rep November 17th - November 24th  No

#1275 MichCraw

MichCraw
          • 369 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

Oh no that would be horrible to have lost it just before it was your turn to enjoy it!!!! And here I was anticipating getting it after your wedding! It must have just slipped her mind with all her wedding stuff, maybe it's already in the mail as they say ... she's been online since her return i'm sure she's passed it back to the rightful owner.

#1276 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

i really hope the little guy comes back to you in time for your big day!!!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#1277 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Joanne, were you able to get your starfish?  I hope you have a fantastic wedding!

#1278 MichCraw

MichCraw
                • 369 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Anyone know if the blue starfish has been recovered and if it is still being passed around??? I leave in 8 days but haven't seen anything about it in a while.

#1279 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hi there, we just got back from Mexico today and top priority on my list of To Do's was to log on here.

I'm so sorry to report that I never heard from futuremrstgun nor has the starfish shown up in the mail. It's so sad really. The starfish is replaceable but the notebook that traveled with it with notes and good wishes from previous brides is not. I'm so sorry to all you girls who were on the list after me.I have seen rasheda online here so hopefully she'll check this thread and give us an update, fingers crossed.    PS : Had an amazing wedding, best day of my life, and not even a missing starfish (as much as it sucks) can take away from our wonderful day!!                       

Originally Posted by MichCraw 

Anyone know if the blue starfish has been recovered and if it is still being passed around??? I leave in 8 days but haven't seen anything about it in a while.

#1280 MichCraw

MichCraw
                    • 369 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

Awwww i'm soo sorry to hear this, especially for you since it was your starfish to begin with :o(

Oh well hopefully it will show up, and you can get your memories back from the notebook. Finally, it doesn't really matter if I don't have my something blue or borrowed from the starfish, because I can't for the life of me find something old! haha ... You looked beautiful in your dress ( from what I can see in the profile picture)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users